Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never gone diving, going on holiday

• 11-06-2008 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Im going to Malta in August and would love to go scuba diving over there but have never been. I think at the moment it is something I will be doing as a once off. Is there anything I need to do before I go or can I just show up somewhere like this http://www.h2odivers.com/ on a day and say I want to go out? Im very confused about it all.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Email them asking about a Discover Scuba dive.

You do one dive, then if you like it you may be able to credit that towards an Open Water Diver course.

Easiest way to get to leave this otherwise mundane planet.

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

I think in malta you are required to have a doctors cert saying you are fit to dive. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Thanks guys. I will see then about getting a cert. Anyone able to suggest the best company to go with in malta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

I dived with Maltaqua and found them to be excellent.

Deep Blue is another highly-recommended outfit.

Enjoy,

Seadeuce

Advertisement