Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you defer your third year?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I do Arts - can you defer your last year? And if so, how would you go about it? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Davemcg did defer a year so look for his previous thread in the search function.

IIRC you need to send a letter to admin asking to defer and you must be in good academic standing i.e. have passed all your exams for second year.

Talking to your student advisor though, they'll be able to best advise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm now Dave!, Steph :D

I deferred after 1st year by ringing up the programme office and telling them. They told me it was done (they just did something on the computer), and to just email them and they'll reply so there's a written record. Then email them again before you return.

Was pretty simple. Dunno what they'll do if you've failed exams.

Also dunno if you can defer 3rd year, but I don't see why you couldn't. 2nd year counts towards your final grade too, and they let me defer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

what did you do with yourself for the year DAVE!!!!!!! :)

Why the new name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mainly just worked... Had a few full-time jobs, met some new people, saved some cash, and went interrailing in the summer! Didn't necessarily have any remarkable revelations in the year, but I enjoyed not having to study for that time :) I did get a bit rusty on the oul' programming though........ but a refresher course (kindly provided by the college!) at the start of 2nd year got me back in the game!

New name because........ I wanted one! :D Had some pennies in my PayPal account, so decided to subscribe for the month, and sure might as well make my name cooler :cool: There's some other fooker goin around with the name Dave :mad:, hence the exclaimation point!

Advertisement