Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for sale in signature?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure what the scéal is with this, but I've tickets for sale for Leonard Cohen this weekend, face value of course and I know adverts.ie doesn't allow concert ticket sales, even for non MCD events (which this is), so I'm just wondering is it ok to have a little "5 Great Tickets to Leonard Cohen For Sale, PM For details" snippet in my sig, or is this still prohibited?

Any feedback appreciated :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,764 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Look up to the sky lads: I see a thunderstorm brewin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

One of the main reasons the lads whent with a seperate site to sales was to take it out of boards.ie.

So I think "no" is what the admins will be saying. Having a link to adverts.ie/ebay.ie whatever in your sig is different as all bids will be publicly seen, whereas PM's is all too private.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

sell them at www.toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks Whiskeyman, put them there already, but kind of extra worried because 5 tickets cost me €600 for this gig:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks Whiskeyman, put them there already, but kind of extra worried because 5 tickets cost me €600 for this gig:eek::eek:

I doubt you'll get much exposure tbh with a sig.

Is it a sell out?
    You might need to split them 3 & 2?
    Do you know anyone working in large companies (AIB etc..?) Many have online noticeboards, or employees often send emails to all staff offering tickets for sale.

Sure is a lot of money. Hope you sell them off ok.
    You'd think ticket agents would adopt a policy similar to hotels - that they'd take cancellations up to a period before the time you arrive. I've been left with many tickets for events I couldn't go to for personal reasons (non sell out so couldn't sell on).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

At a guess, I'd say no, but take it from an admin rather than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

They'll be split anyway as I've 3 for the Friday night and 2 for the Saturday night;)

Bit of confusion with buying the tickets, wanted to get a few for the Saturday so I'd have enough if friends wanted to come too. Was online at 8:50 in my van on the road with 3 broadband ready to buy, my friend was on MSN too so I asked him could he buy some incase my connection drops. 9am comes and I add 5 to my cart, get on the page with the payment details and crappy three broadband disconnects, I lose the tickets. My friend didn't have all my details so he couldn't buy them, took me about 30 mins to get back online, unbeknownst to the public, a Sunday gig went on sale at 9:10, so I bought 4 for that and then managed to get 2 for the Saturday.

I then found out a Friday gig was being announced, so managed to get on a decent connection that morning and bought 6. Then found out I couldn't make the Sunday because a family thing so went to sell the 4 at face value in the buyandsell, got a buyer, went to get my tickets out and then realised, the 2 I had bought for Saturday, were actually for Sunday aswell:eek: Don't know how that happened, perhaps something to do with cookies because I had the two windows open for both dates when I bought the Sunday 4 originally, so maybe the Saturday window picked up the Sunday thingy or something, or maybe I just made a mistake myself:confused: So I was able to sell the 2 extra Sunday tickets for face value too on toutless :) But that meant I had no Saturday tickets, and only 6 for the Friday. Then I saw more Saturday tickets go on sale and got some great seats off ticketmaster. So Now I have 6 friday and 2 Saturday, but I don't think I can make the Saturday either and only 3 people are definite about the Friday (it is a very expensive gig). So that's 14 tickets I bought altogether at a sum of €1,700 :eek: and I have to shift 3 for the Friday and 2 for the Saturday or I'm down €600.

So a lot of confusion and annoyances with this and yep, a returns policy would be great but I don't see ticketmaster ever offering that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

You can sell your tickets on ticketmaster but only at face value I think. If you have a ticketmaster A/C you can create a seller profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

trishw78 wrote: »
    You can sell your tickets on ticketmaster but only at face value I think. If you have a ticketmaster A/C you can create a seller profile.
    Cant see anything about this on their website. I dont suppose you have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

cormie wrote: »
    They'll be split anyway as I've 3 for the Friday night and 2 for the Saturday night;)

Bit of confusion with buying the tickets, wanted to get a few for the Saturday so I'd have enough if friends wanted to come too. Was online at 8:50 in my van on the road with 3 broadband ready to buy, my friend was on MSN too so I asked him could he buy some incase my connection drops. 9am comes and I add 5 to my cart, get on the page with the payment details and crappy three broadband disconnects, I lose the tickets. My friend didn't have all my details so he couldn't buy them, took me about 30 mins to get back online, unbeknownst to the public, a Sunday gig went on sale at 9:10, so I bought 4 for that and then managed to get 2 for the Saturday.

I then found out a Friday gig was being announced, so managed to get on a decent connection that morning and bought 6. Then found out I couldn't make the Sunday because a family thing so went to sell the 4 at face value in the buyandsell, got a buyer, went to get my tickets out and then realised, the 2 I had bought for Saturday, were actually for Sunday aswell:eek: Don't know how that happened, perhaps something to do with cookies because I had the two windows open for both dates when I bought the Sunday 4 originally, so maybe the Saturday window picked up the Sunday thingy or something, or maybe I just made a mistake myself:confused: So I was able to sell the 2 extra Sunday tickets for face value too on toutless :) But that meant I had no Saturday tickets, and only 6 for the Friday. Then I saw more Saturday tickets go on sale and got some great seats off ticketmaster. So Now I have 6 friday and 2 Saturday, but I don't think I can make the Saturday either and only 3 people are definite about the Friday (it is a very expensive gig). So that's 14 tickets I bought altogether at a sum of €1,700 :eek: and I have to shift 3 for the Friday and 2 for the Saturday or I'm down €600.

So a lot of confusion and annoyances with this and yep, a returns policy would be great but I don't see ticketmaster ever offering that :(

:eek::eek::eek:

A typical cormie story :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I could find the link either but when I opened my user account the link is in it. So I'm guessing you'd have to have an account. you also need to set up a 'sellers' account inside your users account.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nope, not at the moment, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,271 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Looks like few months of sleeping in the van and eating roadkill ahead for you, cormie. And for Dog's sake shorten your sentences a bit!

Hope the t****** sell btw.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement