Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, which has been your best exam?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Now that the majority of exams are behind you, which has been the exam you feel you've done best in?

I suppose, if you like, you can throw in your worst, & how you feel your exams have went overall: as expected or better of worse than expected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

So far I've done English, Irish, Maths and Geography.

English: Went much better than expected. My best poet came up and the Othello question was the one I had been studying most. I got a D1 in my mocks. Hopefully, I that can be pulled up to a decent C grade.

Irish: Started off with higher at the beginning of 6th year. Realised how much I hated the subject and knew I wasn't going to put the work in at higher. I dropped to ordinary and it looks to have paid off. Exam went just as well as I had expected. Hopefully can get a high B or A grade.

Geography: Pretty much as well as expected. Was always pretty comfortable with the subject. So wasn't under too much pressure. Hoping for a high C or low B grade.

Maths: Now this was my worst exam. Probably didn't put in enough work over the whole year but had been working well for the last month/month and half. Was pretty nervous before Paper1 and did very poorly. Paper2 went much better but I'll still be on the verge of a fail or D3.

So far, I think English has been my biggest surprise. Even in paper1 I found my standard of essays had improved greatly. Then everything coming up in Paper2 was a bonus. May not be my best grade but it will be the one to stand out most to me.

I have German, Accounting and Physics left before I finish. Hopefully these quite well and I can finish on a high note before enjoying my summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

HL Maths Paper 1 was awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

out of all of them, i think french the best for me as it's the only one where I didn't eat loads of food after:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

The Queens Language: Ah, this went well. I felt robbed on the mocks, but I've a VERY hard marking teacher. Feel I stormed paper 1, and paper 2 was nice. Could hear the whole country go "ah,thank god!" when we all turned to the back page and seen Mr.Mahon.

The Numbers Game: Not bad. I only intended to pass Mata, as I did in the mocks with a very convincing 50% :rolleyes: Not counting it, still went up a fair bit.

The Teanga Dúchasach: Health? There it is. Oiche Nollaig... There it is. Pity about Lig Sinn, the ONE I didn't study. Still, gave a decent answer. The oral, aural and PI will stand by me. Irish schools tend to neglect Irish. Would expect a strong score here.

How To Make Money and Influence People: Terrible short questions, a nice enough ABQ, and PERFECT long questions.

People Died For Your Freedom and all that: History was very nice. The Treaty/Civil War...thank you. Best one yet.

Still got Nein Danke! and How To Make Money and Influence People Two (economics)

seem to be up on all my mocks. got enough points on my mocks.therefore its a :) from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

english and biology are my best so far. hopefully B1s or A2s.
    But spanish and music I'm hoping for A1s... just gotta do the exams first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

Geography,Business or French for me

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

English: I did a lot better than I did in my mocks and I got a C3 so hopefully I could get a B.

Maths: I passed pass maths, yay.

Irish: Strong possibility of an A1 here.

French: Pass French = easy A1 hopefully.

History: I did pretty well, I had 1 very good essay, a good one and an alright one, so hopefully a B.:)

Now all I need are 2 A1s in Accounting and Economics.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

maths paper 2 ord and geogprahy by far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

BIOLOGY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

English or Business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 m-i-t-s-u-k-o

So far over me are English Irish Maths and Biology..
    So far English has been the best.
    Interestingly it's also the subject I hate most out of all of them!

Just thought the English paper was pretty nice over all, no surprises, no horrible questions, everything we'd prepared before so I had it all in my head when I went in and knew what I was gonna do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ive done well in all my subjects to be honest, a lot better than I thought I would, got a A1 in english in the pre's but don't think ill quiet get it this time around though but should be close.
    Only german tomorrow so im almost there.

My best one was geography though, it went brill timed everything perfect, answered everything perfect, there gonna have a hard time trying to dock points from me in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ShogunWarrior

Chemistry I'd say then Maths (H), Chemistry was the perfect paper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭daithi_student

French went really well but biology was just Amazing! i have feelings i cant quite explain for that paper...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

While it may not be my best result - Maths (H) was by far my best exam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

English: lways had a bit of a knack for English. Was kinda nervous as for Poetry and Othello i was putting all my eggs in one basket. But thankfully those baskets came up. Ah, Othello and Mahon :) I also got to write a Short Story i won an award for during the year in Paper 1

Irish: Good Paper 1, Good Aural, Hard to tell Oral and a decent Paper 2. Think i overall did better than in my B2 in the mocks :) Again, all my baskets came up :P

Maths: Not so great. Paper 2 was a bit of a bitch for me [Didnt really know my proofs] and Paper 1 had some tricky bits. Probably wont get counted.

Chemistry: Probably my best grade so far. Im almost certain i got the A1 as i avoided most of the traps that caught other people.

Biology: Probably the exam that surprised me with most with how well i did. Didnt think id do horrible, but i was very fortunate with my study choices and what came up in the exam. Our class was all very pleased as our teacher had thought us well considering we had some really **** one in 5th year. We complained, got him to take a year off/ fired and got this new guy. But he knew his stuff, and now i think i got an A :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Came out smiling from all of 'em bar Biology! Dunno what went the best really, but Bio deffo was the worst. I suppose...given the absolute beauty of the History paper, I should say History for best. Purely because of how absolutely awful that had the potential of going XD

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

Felt most positive after Gaeilge paper 1 (HL) and French (HL).

In order, I'd say:

1) Gaeilge paper 1 (HL)
    2) French
    3) Gaeilge paper 2 (HL)
    4) Biology
    5) Business
    6) Maths paper 1 (HL)
    7) Maths paper 2 "

Still have economics left though and that'll be my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

So far I've done English, Irish, Maths and Geography.

I have German, Accounting and Physics left before I finish. Hopefully these quite well and I can finish on a high note before enjoying my summer.

Same as myself. Geography was best subject but hoping for an A1 in accounting.

Best: English and Business..

Worst: ... em.. Probably Biology.. (by bad.. I mean not an A)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

All my exams have gone soooo well. Maths was amazing (well paper 1 was), English was grand and French was alright, although my written was full of extra long answers with loads of spelling mistakes (My oral and aural were brilliant though). I'd say I got in A1 in pass Irish.

No for my mathsy subjects... I have one week to do enough study for an A1 in both Applied Maths and Physics. Oh... and a D in Economics...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

I've been happy with a lot of mine actually. :) I think i've done well in Maths (OL), Business, French, Biology nd English paper 2. My best tho wud hav to b Business or Bio methinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

So far, they've all been pretty great. Except for Art History. However, I knew one of them had to be bad, glad it was art history, now here's hoping everything's back to peachy for Physics, Music and Applied Maths next week.

I came out of Irish 1 happiest because I loved the debate I wrote, but I probably did the best in Maths paper 1. I always feel great about Irish, then do... averaging in it. Was happy with Irish for the JC, got my worst result in it. (Excluding CSPE, that was just embarassing...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

English (H)=Got c3 in mocks but not sure if I did as well

Maths (O)=Paper one was a bit tricky..but definately made up marks on Paper 2...

Geography (H)= Studied like mad the night before, only got D3 in mock but should hopefully do well and get the B in this as I actually knew what a biome was this time and actually wrote stuff...

Irish (O)= Not as good as I though i'd do...was hard to pull words out of my head... :rolleyes:

French (O)= This was ok...could have done better.

Physics (O)= Got a c2 in a recent paper I did in school, hopefully will get B3 if I work my ass off from now till Monday.

Music (H)= Got a C2 in mocks, didnt really study for it but gonna study like mad from now until thursday to get up to an A as its my best subject. Really depends on how well I did in practical though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Niamhd164

English...... Othello how i do love you!!! That question was a dream... reckon I got a good b.. god id LOVE an A in it though....

Geography.... Well I was just plain stupid in this exam... I read the instructions wrong and answered two physical geography questions!! I thought that they changed the lay out or somwething!! RAGE!!!! So reckon my preety b is now a stooopid fat little b.. :(

Irish (H)..... hopefully ill pass, my hopes were never high, just too proud to drop too lazy to study!!

Home Ec.... I hope I got an A... Or at least a good b..

German... Love a C

Maths (O).... HANDY!!!! but its pass so it doesn count.... Im just lazy i should have done higher...

Lcvp.. Love a distinction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

English (H): Grand. Should do fairly alright, maybe a B.

Geography (H): Horrible, didn't study enough at all. Ran outta time too.

Maths (H): Lovely papers, Definitely at least a B.

Irish (H): Paper 1, grand. Paper 2, Horrific. Needed to study more. Hoping the oral brings me up. Shoulda done pass.

Business (H): Simple pimple. Easy peasy. You get the picture.

French (H): If it was just the written I might've got an A, but the oral's gonna bring me down.

History (H): It was all good until the last hour, because I wasn't even finished my second essay. Last two essays were extremely rushed without even proper paragraphs. Hoping the project helps me pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

PrivateEye wrote: »
    The Queens Language
    The Numbers Game:
    The Teanga Dúchasach
    How To Make Money and Influence People:
    People Died For Your Freedom and all that:
    Nein Danke!
    How To Make Money and Influence People Two

that made me lol :p

i'm finding it unbelievably hard to tell how i got on...english was good i guess, as was irish. maths and geography and history weren't fantastic. french was okay... spanish hopefully will be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Riverperson

Well here is how I have been getting on:

English: Really happy. I think I did a lot better than my pre. I got a B, but the corrector who marked it was an idiot. So maybe a properly deserved B..even an A.

Irish: Really happy with paper 1. Thank God for your predictions on the health system, ye saved my ass! Paper 2, I did alright I think, should have studied more..but really hoping for a high B.

Maths: My only ordinary level subject. First paper actually threw me...but that's cuz I totally didn't study for it.:o But I pulled up on paper 2, not like I'm really counting on this subject anyway.

Chemistry: Came out really happy, but looking back I made some silly silly mistakes. But thankfully did some extra questions so still looking for a really high B or low A.

Biology: I so got an A1 in this exam. It was beautiful. And if I didn't....I'm gonna get it rechecked!:D

German: So disappointed after this exam. Really wanted an A. Should only get a B now.

And I have accounting on Tuesday which I'm worried about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

So far Business. The exams before that point were mediocre, there wouldn't have been any exam I was happy with really before then. I'm hoping to do well in Religion on Thursday as it's my best subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

English went quite well, A2 maybe.

Maths B3-B2???

History B3

Chemistry C3

Irish C3

Art B3

All higher. The best I can get is around 460 points, lowest 400.

Advertisement