Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading my PC

Options
  • 12-06-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Will be getting a laptop over the Summer and am gonna take that oppurtunity to move any stuff I want off my desktop and wipe it. I figured I'll try and give it a bit of a performance boost too. The spec is in my sig. What would you think is the best thing I could do from a performance/cost point of view?
    I was thinking of banging in some memory anyway since it's so cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Ok so I went ahead and got Corsair Value S. PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB Unbuffered, Non-parity, 128Megx64, CL3
    It arrived today and I tried to install it. Long story short, when ever it's in it locks windows up completely after a few seconds of being on the desktop, sometimes doesn't even boot into windows.
    I have two 512mb sticks of the stuff in my sig and I thought this stuff would be compatable. I tried juggling them around in the three slots in my motherboard. Is there a certain order they should be in?
    If not then what's up? Is it the right kind of memory? Is the memory faulty?

Advertisement