Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My Penalty Points System

Options
  • 12-06-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

As somebody who drive over a 100km a day if i were minister for the enviroment this would be the list of penalty points i'd enforce:

People who sit in over taking lane just because they are doing maximum speed: 4 points

People who run out of fuel: 2 points

People who cannot put on their spare wheel: 2 points

People applying make-up/reading paper/texting while stopped: 2 points

People doing the above while driving: 5 points

People who flick cig butts out window while driving: 5 points

Truck drivers who leave tyres on side of road way: 5 points

Learners who put L plates on the wrong way: 4points and another 4 for not changing it

People who pull out at 100kph and drastically reduce speed to 10kph: 4 points

People who pull up to exact change toll booth and dont have it: 5 points

People who block up eazy pass lane tryin to get out of it cause they dont have a pass: BANNED

People who drive for miles with indicator still flashing: 4 points

Finally drivers who refuse to flash to inform of on coming speed trap: 1 point:o

Feel free to add to list!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

racso1975 wrote: »
    As somebody who drive over a 100km a day if i were minister for the enviroment this would be the list of penalty points i'd enforce:

People who sit in over taking lane just because they are doing maximum speed: 4 points

Learners who put L plates on the wrong way: 4points and another 4 for not changing it

People who block up eazy pass lane tryin to get out of it cause they dont have a pass: BANNED

Finally drivers who refuse to flash to inform of on coming speed trap: 1 point:o

This actually made me laugh out loud in work :P. I agree with a large amount of your suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Those are fairly unnecessary

Tailgaters/Not leaving space for overtakers if you are not going to overtake: 6 points and €1,000 fine

Lane Hoggers: 3 points and €300 fine

Mobile phone while driving: 4 points and €500 fine

Speeding (in excess of 30 kph of limit) 6 points, €1,000 fine

No speeding fines for people driving within 20 kph of limit, it's ridiculous.

Blocking yellow box: 2 points and €150 fine

Learners with no additional driver: 6 points and €1,000 fine

Pulling straight into main lane of single lane road without using (if present) adequate hard shoulder: 2 points and €100 fine

Speeding in Towns (in excess of 10 kph over limit in heavy pedestrianised area) 6 points and €1,000 fine

I'll add as I think of more.

I feel much better now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭positron

People who tailgate, flash or beep drivers in front of them because the driver in front is sticking to speed limit : BANNED and deported to Iraq!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No speeding fines for people driving within 20 kph of limit, it's ridiculous.
    Would you not just raise the limit?;)

positron wrote: »
    People who tailgate, flash or beep drivers in front of them because the driver in front is sticking to speed limit : BANNED and deported to Iraq!

As long as you aren't in the overtaking lane not overtaking nice and quick, I agree with you! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    Would you not just raise the limit?;)

People should drive according to ability, not an arbitrary line. If you're unskilled to drive at 120 kph, you shouldn't. TBH, there should be no limit on 3 lane motorways, 150 kph on quality dual carriageways and 120 kph on decent N dualers and single lane. The rest can be whatever is safest, as they usually aren't up to the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

People who attempt drifting in any manner should have their licence taken from them for 10 years and their car confiscated and sold with the resulting funds put into a "Learn to be a Better Driver Organisation" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

People who whinge and moan on forums about other road users, 12 Points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Ha ha love it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

vectra wrote: »
    People who attempt drifting in any manner should have their licence taken from them for 10 years and their car confiscated and sold with the resulting funds put into a "Learn to be a Better Driver Organisation" ;)

Yeah, you really know what you're talking about don't you. :rolleyes:

People who drive too slow for the conditions allowed and cause a tailback: don't care! just get rid of em!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I'd like to add how this affects you in Continental Europe

Illegal in the Netherlands, 120 euro fine
    Also Illegal - 120 Euro fine + towage fee + extra fine if you do not have a safety triangle + Luminous jacket
    extra fine if you do not have a safety triangle + Luminous jacket
    80 Euro on the spot fine, possible court appearance
    Littering fine - 80 Euros
    Same as above
    Can't drive on L plates here, big massive blue L on the top of learner/instructor cars
    Haven't even heard of that one here
    No Toll booths, they shouldn't be there in the first place
    Same as above
    No fine
    Flashing you lights here means get the f*ck out of my way :)

+1 for me

Blocking up roundabouts because your an impatient arsehole
    5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

ClioV6 wrote: »

People who drive too slow for the conditions allowed and cause a tailback: don't care! just get rid of em!

Ever play Mario Cart, one of those turtle shells you can launch to make the car at the front explode !! :)

CPG wrote: »
    Ever play Mario Cart, one of those turtle shells you can launch to make the car at the front explode !! :)

I'd settle for that!
    Irish roads nearly seem like Mario Cart somedays anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Totally disagree with this, Im against tailgating in general but the biggest annoyance on the road for me is people driving under the speed limit, be it 1km/h under or 20hm/h under and not pulling over for traffic building up behind them.

This attitude some people have "I own the road and am entitled to drive as slow as I want and as far right as I want" is both dangerous and a major annoyance. Sometimes when tired or carrying something in car that shouldn't be shaken or whatever I drive pretty slow, but I pull in for all cars travelling faster and try make myself as little a nuissance as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

tw0nk wrote: »
    Totally disagree with this, Im against tailgating in general but the biggest annoyance on the road for me is people driving under the speed limit, be it 1km/h under or 20hm/h under and not pulling over for traffic building up behind them.

This attitude some people have "I own the road and am entitled to drive as slow as I want and as far right as I want" is both dangerous and a major annoyance. Sometimes when tired or carrying something in car that shouldn't be shaken or whatever I drive pretty slow, but I pull in for all cars travelling faster and try make myself as little a nuissance as possible.

Tailgaiting and acting agressively is dangerous for everyone. Your completely wrong in that respect.

If you read it properly I said "Im against tailgating in general" and then went on to say I hate when people drive slowly and block up the rest of traffic, nothing at all about advocating tailgating....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I've had a few Garda tail gating me. That REALLY annoys me.

I like some of the OPs suggestions :)

Your point being ?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭positron

tw0nk wrote: »
    If you read it properly I said "Im against tailgating in general" and then went on to say I hate when people drive slowly and block up the rest of traffic, nothing at all about advocating tailgating....

And if you read my post properly, it said 'for sticking to the speed limit', not going slow.

Say I am driving on a normal road (single carriageway) and if I am doing just under the speed limit (say 59.8 kph on a 60kph zone) and I am driving on the correct side of the road (something like a foot away from the left yellow line) leaving plenty of room for anyone who want to overtake me, and you think I should pull over to the side or someone else's driveway every time I see a car or two behind me? :eek: Well, I didn't know that!! May be that explains why some f*ckers drive so close to my car with their muppet-mobiles? :D

Your point being ?? :confused:

I'm being sarcastic and you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

• Advertisement

I'm being sarcastic and you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Please explain the parts of my suggestion that point to me not having a clue what i am on about ?

Go for it
    Make one of us look like a fool :pac:

Obviously you are more than sarcastic.. You are probably one of these idiots that attempt drifting on the main roads.

And if you read my post properly, it said 'for sticking to the speed limit', not going slow.

Haha ok touche!

I cant say what you said you do is wrong, ie sticking at 60mph in correct position on road and I dont advocate tailgating, but surely there is common ground where someone knows they are blocking a line of cars behind them as they are going slower than the speed limit allows, thats all im saying :D

Please explain the parts of my suggestion that point to me not having a clue what i am on about ?

Go for it
    Make one of us look like a fool :pac:

Obviously you are more than sarcastic.. You are probably one of these idiots that attempt drifting on the main roads.

You said, that people who attempt drifting, in ANY manner.
    That would include all the legal drift events too..yep.

You also suggest the whole "learn to be a better driver"
    I'd hazard a guess at saying those that do drifting are far better drivers than 90% of people on the roads today, it's a very hard sport that's whole point is about car control.

mmm..no I've never drifted on main roads as I've never had a drift car on a main road.

You said, that people who attempt drifting, in ANY manner.
    That would include all the legal drift events too..yep.

You also suggest the whole "learn to be a better driver"
    I'd hazard a guess at saying those that do drifting are far better drivers than 90% of people on the roads today, it's a very hard sport that's whole point is about car control.

mmm..no I've never drifted on main roads as I've never had a drift car on a main road.

Yup.
    I was right in my assumption
    You are a silly plonker.

Were we not talking about driving on the roads and NOT Tracks? How in the hell can you get penalty points for bad driving on a track? :rolleyes:

Learning to be a better driver was meant as it says..
    Not meant as you would like it to be

EG,
    !Woo look at me going sideways around a corner with innocent people coming against me in their car that i could very easily cause their deaths..!! :mad:"

Where did I say that Proffesional drifters are not better drivers than some of the people on the roads??
    I most certainly would disagree with you on the 90% part.
    Get real.
    Keep your track ideas to the track which inadvertantly was in my original post.
    ie.
    KEEP DRIFTING OFF OUR ROADS.
    I know i did not have the words ROADS included in my original post but did I really need to ?
    maybe for the likes of you yes. :rolleyes:

Advertisement