Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering old tattoo

Options
  • 12-06-2008 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of covering one or two old tattoo's i have on my upper arm. The problem is they are quite large so i don't know if it will be possible.
    Links to both:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj17/Cian82/tat2.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj17/Cian82/tat1.jpg

I was thinking of trying for something tribal to cover the tattoo area and expanding a bit over my shoulder and maybe slightly onto my chest or back.

What do you think? Do you guys/gals think this would be possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Tribal won't work too well mainly because you use a lot of negative space i.e uninked skin to contrast with the black. your tattoos are solid.

if you want them covered up you will have to get a larger tattoo over the current ones. best bet is to go talk to a tattoo artist about it and see what they recommend

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Wilburt wrote: »
    Tribal won't work too well mainly because you use a lot of negative space i.e uninked skin to contrast with the black. your tattoos are solid.

if you want them covered up you will have to get a larger tattoo over the current ones. best bet is to go talk to a tattoo artist about it and see what they recommend

+1, couldn't get much better advice than above. They'll be able to tell you what sort of designs will work best to cover them up. Also when you go to the parlour, check and see if there's pics of other coverups that have been done, so you'll have some idea of how well/not so well they have worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Cool, Cheers for the input folks. I'll take a trip down to one or two to see what they have in the way of cover-ups. Can you recommend anywhere good for them?

I usually just go into Dragon-Tattoo on Talbot Street. Got all mine there and I like the place ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Celestial Ring [still called that] In Stephen's Green Have Done Some Cool Cover Ups...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you've got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Consider this a warning.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I got 3 of my tattoo's in Dragon on Talbot st. they are pretty good, really like their stuff, and also got piercings in Celestial Ring in stephens green and a mate got tattoo's there. you should drop into both and see what they come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yeah, a mate of mine went into dragon tattoo and had no problems with them at all... apart from it being the most excruciating experience of his life, apparently, but other htan that, it was a great experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

yeah, a mate of mine went into dragon tattoo and had no problems with them at all... apart from it being the most excruciating experience of his life, apparently, but other htan that, it was a great experience :D

LOL.

Well thanks again all. Will post results if I find something I like to see what you all think ;)

Advertisement