Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 770

Options
  • 12-06-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered a Garmin Nuvi 770 from Elara yesterday.
    Its about €350 and has All of Europe and North America. I thought this was a pretty good deal for this model.

Im going to the US on Saturday but i doubt i will have it in time (im picking it up). If i can get it, great.. if not i will have my dad pick it up while im away as they charge for storage if its not picked up after 7 days or something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Is there a question or just venting? I have the same model, good unit i have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

neither question or venting. I just thought it was a good deal for that unit so was letting people know. Not sure it needs a bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I have a garmin 710 why does it tell you to drive the wrong way down a one way street? or do all sat navs do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

It's in order to make sure you are not following directions like a drone :).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I have a garmin 710 why does it tell you to drive the wrong way down a one way street? or do all sat navs do that.

What version are the maps on your unit? NT 2008 is the latest version.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    What version are the maps on your unit? NT 2008 is the latest version.
    I's preloaded with NT 2008.

That's the current version of the Garmin maps. Would you like to share the particular street with us? Before you do will you check that the routing setting are not set to 'pedestrian' in which case that's the cause of your problem.

No it's not set for pedestrain and the street was Patrick st Cork.

Ok, I have to say that the Navteq maps aren't perfect and one of the problems is that the user cannot modify the maps on the GPS unit. There is a website somewhere where you can submit corrections to Navteq but you get no acknowledgement and I have given up after sending them 4 or 5 suggested corrections.

Advertisement