Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake pad sensor

Options
  • 12-06-2008 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Anyone know if the brake pad sensor on 01 320D needs to be reset electrically, or should it automatically go out when the pads are replaced?

Had pads replaced, after 48 hours or so of warning light coming on and it is still lit....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Stand to be corrected but should have been reset when changed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

As I suspected... Will have to go back... Cheers

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It can take about 30 minutes after replacing them for it to be picked up. 48 hours suggests that it wasn't replaced either properly or at all.

Sorry, I meant I had the pads replaced 48 hours after the light came on. My concern was that the sensor might have been damaged by not changing immediately. Is this possible?

Does the light need to be reset by the diagnostic computer, or does the sensor work like a switch and reset itself automatically when it detects new pads?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

The procedure to reset the brake pad warning is to switch the ignition to position 2 (ie ign on) but with the engine not running and leave it like this for up to one minute.
    Of course this will only work if the sensor is ok.

Edit. You should have fited a new sensor.

• Advertisement

The procedure to reset the brake pad warning is to switch the ignition to position 2 (ie ign on) but with the engine not running and leave it like this for up to one minute.
    Of course this will only work if the sensor is ok.

Edit. You should have fited a new sensor.

Just tried this and the warning light remains on. Looks like I need a new sensor. Any idea what this costs?

Advertisement