Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours

Options
  • 12-06-2008 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Ok, I've been banned from after hours because in a thread where people were saying being gay isn't natural and its abnormal and saying they don't tolerate gay people because I got a bit passionate and called someone a moron and a retard.

I was banned because I got passionate while trying to encourage tolerance about gay people. These people were saying stuff that was WAY more offensive that what I said and I was banned, that is so hypocritical. I want to appeal this and have this ridiculous ban lifted.

Silenced for encouraging tolerance. Thats exactly what happened, and the "you called people names" defense is a bit of a cop out, we're all grown ups here, well, most of us.

I think those people who were saying being gay is unnatural should be banned, what they said has offended me way more than being called a moron or a retard would offend me.

Looking forward to your response on this
    Oisín

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you see something offensive, hit the report post button. Your post was abusive, was reported and then the moderators dealt with it. Clear breach of the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Another Mod, Terry, told me that them saying all that anti-gay stuff wasn't breaking any rules.

Publically saying being gay is unnatural is abusive and you're not doing anything about it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

People are allowed to have opinions. Even ignorant ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

My opinion is that these people are small minded morons.

Its ok, you people have made it clear you tolerate gay bashing and intolerance. I'll be sure to wear my cotton gloves next time someone is way more offensive than simple name calling

Talk about being scared of taking a stance on something. Being more harsh on name calling than gay bashing, well done lads, well done!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I totally agree with the fact that some people seem to function without a brain, but we are not the Thought Police.

• Advertisement
Advertisement