Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran to execute 2 Gay men - Petition

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Your avatar is androgenous. Your username is mildly feminine, but not exactly female. If I had to guess based purely on that I'd guess that you were male, identified as male, but effiminate and happy to express that effiminate nature. I wouldn't be particularly confident in that judgement and not at all surprised to find that you were female, but no more surprised to find that you were male, but not particularly effiminate.

Your endless search to find someone on boards to bully you is wearing thinner and thinner, and the bullying you engage in in this pursuit increasingly tiring. Why not just go to stormfront.org and be done with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Good, for lack of better proof I'll assume everyone is female now. Sedohre I'm sorry for assuming you were male when you're quite obviously female. Now girls stop complaining or you'll upset her.

No. You probably won't upset him or her at all either way. I never get upset when people come to the conclusion that I'm female on the Internet. I've always at least a few dozen other things more important to worry about at any given time.

But then, I'm not seeking validation by trying my damnedest to find someone to discriminate against me.

This is not to say I've never been subject to real discrimination for various matters over the course of my life. On more than one occasion hate-provoked violence. I really can't say any of it was just as bad as torturing confessions out of people and then hanging them, so obviously I'm not as badly off as you are in being referred to a he by someone who doesn't have the first clue as to what your gender is (which apparently is just as bad as torture and hanging, whodathunkit?)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Kazobel wrote: »
    Sedohre I'm sorry for assuming you were male when you're quite obviously female.
    Well at least there is some form of apology there.

If Iran can't be swayed to stop their nuclear activities then how on earth are a large bunch of people (women?) on the internet signing a poll going to help against something that is deep rooted in their society?

Talliesin wrote: »
    No. You probably won't upset him or her at all either way. I never get upset when people come to the conclusion that I'm female on the Internet. I've always at least a few dozen other things more important to worry about at any given time.

But then, I'm not seeking validation by trying my damnedest to find someone to discriminate against me.

Good girl, now go make a cuppa *Taps Talliesin on the arse"

• Advertisement

Talliesin is male by the way Kazobel. As am I. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Gordon wrote: »
    Well at least there is some form of apology there.

If Iran can't be swayed to stop their nuclear activities then how on earth are a large bunch of people (women?) on the internet signing a poll going to help against something that is deep rooted in their society?

well, the way I see it, it can't hurt. At the end of the day, there is potential that word will spread about this petition among the gay community in Iran, and maybe they'll get a bit of strength from it.

/
    Gordon wrote: »
    Talliesin is male by the way Kazobel. As am I. :)

Really?? pictures or it didn't happen, that's the rule isn't it? I prefere to use female references at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

/

Really?? pictures or it didn't happen, that's the rule isn't it? I prefere to use female references at the moment :)

nobody cares. that's the point.

/

So you think I am female because you don't have a pic of me? Not because I told you? And you expect people to call you "she" because of your avatar, name and sig? Thats fine if you want to refer to me as female, it doesn't bother me, it just smacks of pettyness when you take your previous posts in this thread on board.

• Advertisement

Well, not quite nobody. There are indeed many people around here with a great loathing of anyone that doesn't fit narrowly defined ideas about gender. The fact that the most virulent example is MTF themselves is somewhat unfortunate for them, and indeed for whoever they decide to pick on next in their unending quest to bullly people into bullying them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

OP - while those petitions are well-meaning, they are effectively useless. As has been said before, the Iranian Government really couldn't give two shits what Western protesters have to say about their actions.
    But I suppose even if it has no effect, people will at least feel that they have done something to try and help.

Kazobel, congratulations for making yourself the prime subject of this thread. Really puts things into perspective. You've shockingly been referred to as a "he" by someone who'd never heard of you! :eek: And those Iranians have the cheek to think that they have problems...

I read your deleted response last night before it got deleted and it was completely over the top and way too harsh on the OP. It really seems like you're trying to pick a fight with someone, so that when they go to disagree with you, you can play the "poor minority victim" card.
    You also had a go at pretty much all gay people, I believe. Something about the "scene" being "self righteous" ?

I lol'd when you compared the OP to the Iranian authorities - him mistaking your gender because you're transexual is obviously the same as executing two men because they're gay :rolleyes:

BTW I'm a "he" but by all means refer to me as a "she", or even an "it" if it makes you feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StandardDeviant

Meah...he refered to me as "he" to get to me, I pointed out it makes him no better than the people he's complaining about since it's based on the same type of biast opinion, see calling me "He" was to punish me, he knew what he was doing but still commited a pre-meditated phobic act, he's no better than them, just as biast but only in relation to how it suits him.

Lol you are nuts. Whatever brain process made you interpret Sedohre's reply as phobic or discriminatory really needs seeing to.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

To clear things up. It was not known to me that Kazobel didn't identify as a he. I've never come across Kazobel as a member of Boards before. I never read a post by Kazobel before, to my knowledge. I mostly don't notice peoples avatars, signatures or user names, and never has it entered my head to contemplate why another member chooses these. I didn't think about gender identity as I wrote he/him/his in reference to Kazobel. I suppose subconsciously I have used the generic term he, as is used in the English Language when the gender identity is unknown.

I wasn't trying to punish or get to Kazobel, nothing pre-meditated as Kazobel thought

I don't believe referring to Kazobel as a he, equates me a murderer as Kazobel did. I don't believe that if someone, doesn't look or care to think about member's user names, avatars or their signatures makes them a retard as Kazobel did.

From the other members who posted in this thread, I have a more understanding of the reputation you, Kazobel, have developed for yourself. Cudos to you Kazobel.

Kazobel at this stage I will now identify you to be an angry person definitely, with a possible persecution complex, yeah why not ?, among other things.

Now I'd like to very much thank all the members out there, it was interesting and sometimes quite amusing to read your posts

This has been an experience, thanks Sed

Advertisement