Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integration with Paypal

Options
  • 12-06-2008 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have developed a website for a client, database backend etc..

Now, users need register with the site and as part of the registration process, my client wants the users to pay the registration fee via paypal...

I have the registration process complete bar the paypal section - can anyone point me in the directin of some good tutorials/info on how to integrate with paypal.

The payment will be a once off payment - using php/mysql so need some way of a userId being passed back from paypal so I can flag the relevant record in the database as being paid...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I use PayPal on Wheelworx. It sends users to PayPal where they make the payment and then they return to the Wheelworx site. Upon return the transaction is marked as complete.

As some people were not returning to the site (PayPal redirects after 5 secs - to allow them to advertise their services) I added IPN (Instant Payment Notification), a PayPal feature.

osCommerce has a module that uses this feature to mark a transaction as complete when PayPal accesses a php script on the osCommerce site. Before sending a user to PayPal it creates an entry in the database and marks it as "Pending". This is changed to "Completed" when PayPal accesses the script.

Although I haven't delved into the IPN module (despite installing and using it), if you need further help just ask.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I assume you want this for membership to the site as oppose to paying for items on the site through something like Os Commerce so you might find this more suited havent used it but found it searching on google.

Advertisement