Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield: Bad Company

• 12-06-2008 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Got this demo recently, was expecting great things but was left a bit disappointed by some aspects.

Some of the default controls are just daft for a start. (vehicle acceleration and brakes are mapped to left trigger and left button!)

Running is really slow and almost no different from walking (Call Of Duty way better for this)

It seems you can only carry one gun at a time! wtf!

The destruction however is very good and a lot of fun imo!

The jury is still out on this one for me!

Anyone else get it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Got this demo recently, was expecting great things but was left a bit disappointed by some aspects.

Some of the default controls are just daft for a start. (vehicle acceleration and brakes are mapped to left trigger and left button!)

Running is really slow and almost no different from walking (Call Of Duty way better for this)

It seems you can only hold one gun at a time! wtf!

The destruction however is very good and a lot of fun imo!

The jury is still out on this one for me!

Anyone else get it?

will be downloading tonight

V excited!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Downloaded the demo, didn't think much of it.

Controls and gameplay are a let down and the graphics aren't anything special either imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

keen wrote: »
    Downloaded the demo, didn't think much of it.

Controls and gameplay are a let down and the graphics aren't anything special either imo.

I find I never download Demos any more, they are a let down for me most times.

I hated COD4 demo and FIFA demo, but there two of my favorites games now.

I usually get the game if I have faith in the Forums etc. or just rent it the first weekend. and buy it if I like it

Incidently I use a good website for renting games. www.gamesenders.ie they pay the post and return post for renting games.

some good different packages you can go for

Probably sounding like I work for them now, so I shall stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

mickyt wrote: »
    I find I never download Demos any more, they are a let down for me most times.

I hated COD4 demo and FIFA demo, but there two of my favorites games now.

I usually get the game if I have faith in the Forums etc. or just rent it the first weekend. and buy it if I like it

Incidently I use a good website for renting games. www.gamesenders.ie they pay the post and return post for renting games.

some good different packages you can go for

Probably sounding like I work for them now, so I shall stop

Was looking at that site before, might give it a go.

You don't work for them do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

downloaded it and played for aboud an hour and a half last night. i quite like it for a demo. will be buying this one when it comes out. graphics are not the best you will ever see but if game play is good you can get over the graphics i mean they are not terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Wasn't that impressed with the single player game, but thought the multiplayer was very good, played it untill i got signed out of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

One of the 360 mags today reviewed the game and they said multiplayer beats COD4, I have played the demo non stop since it appeared and love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

just got it today,
    I know its a demo/beta and all but was expecting much better, graphics seem to be piss poor and all the guns feel ****e. It seems to be closer to bf 1942 then bf 2.
    Do love the destruction you can cause :D
    was hoping this would be a nice game to take over from cod4 as ive got quite sick of that lately
    well still see what reviews/forum opinions say once the full game is out but doubt its going to change much.

Advertisement