Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignore lists

Options
  • 12-06-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,434 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to see if you're on soneone else's ignore list...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Who said that...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Check it now.

Mairt wrote: »
    Check it now.

+1 :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

CuLT wrote: »
    Nope.

Ok we're not all techies here so could you simplify that a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

NO.

NO.

:confused::confused:

I don spek england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

Just an idea, -if you send a mail to someone who has you on ignore there is a not-received automated reply if you are on their ignore (i might have dreamed this but:cool:)
    So to conclude
    Send everyone registered on boards a mail and you should know who is ignoring you..
    Bit time consuming but if you have a good friend from the nocturning forum get him/hur to do it as they are always looking for things to occupy them at the wee ours. That and bribing one of the Admins with hookers and coke for the info is the only way I can think of.

Cherided

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

cheridere wrote: »
    Just an idea, -if you send a mail to someone who has you on ignore there is a not-received automated reply if you are on their ignore (i might have dreamed this but:cool:)
    So to conclude
    Send everyone registered on boards a mail and you should know who is ignoring you..
    Bit time consuming but if you have a good friend from the nocturning forum get him/hur to do it as they are always looking for things to occupy them at the wee ours. That and bribing one of the Admins with hookers and coke for the info is the only way I can think of.

Cherided
    The problem with that is not all members have opted to receive emails. I switched it off as I was fed up with getting creepy mails from creepy males.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

Amz wrote: »
    The problem with that is not all members have opted to receive emails. I switched it off as I was fed up with getting creepy mails from creepy males.
    :o here was me thinking how clever I was..

snow and fish for the admins so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Amz wrote: »

Put a pregnancy ticker in your sig....

It worked for me;)

Er ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Why, are you hot? Is she hot?

PM her and find out!

Be sure to attach a photo of your balls.

Why, are you hot? Is she hot?

No, I'm not hot, but that's an indication of the type or person who was mailing me.

She's definitely hot if she is denying it... I'd say your in with a big chance scientist... Go with the balls picture , FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I have noting to add just want to show my appreciation of the witty banter. 3 balls indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You could add your balls into the mix...

We could get a nice bouquet of balls together for Amz... it's okay.. it's normal.. it's not creepy...

While I appreciate the thought ...

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Honestly, I'd rather if there was no way someone could find out if they are being ignored. If they're aware of it, then they might try to contact the person who's doing the ignoring in a different way, or get someone else to contact them. "Oh no, I'm being ignored!" *signs up alt account*

Honestly, I'd rather if there was no way someone could find out if they are being ignored. If they're aware of it, then they might try to contact the person who's doing the ignoring in a different way, or get someone else to contact them. "Oh no, I'm being ignored!" *signs up alt account*

Do you think many people use the ignore function.

Is there stats on this?
    Is there like the most ignored person?

Or Person who ignores most?

Oh and my reason for asking this is just plain nosiness.

I dont need stats or that..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,434 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Quality wrote: »
    Do you think many people use the ignore function.

Is there stats on this?
    Is there like the most ignored person?

Or Person who ignores most?

Oh and my reason for asking this is just plain nosiness.

I dont need stats or that..

Well I do....gimme, gimme, gimme!!!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Well I do....gimme, gimme, gimme!!!!

dontegnorzme128577654598736136.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You have got to be completely barking insane.

There is no way, no way on earth we are ever releasing that info or anything like it. No no. Not now, not ever.

If there is a way to discover if someone is ignoring you, we'd like to know as we will do our best to patch that.

And as for a "most ignored person" list? So many things wrong with that idea I'm paralysed by choice.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, just wanted to post again to be sure I wasnt unclear. That would be ehhhhhh, NO.

When you consider that the data commissioner is worried that our changing people's tagline to "banned" when we ban someone *might* be a violation of the DPA, I think we might cause brane-b0rk of the highest order if we did anything like what you are suggesting.

Not that we are even considering it.

Ever.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

jesus christ....and there was me thinking the data protection commission has better ****ing things to be investigating.

My tagline is now personal information...laugh out ****ing loud.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm not sure of boards position on this.

• Advertisement

More worryingly Ruggie, we contacted them and kinda pointed this out and they were very nice and helpful and professional. But worryingly clueless about what sort of site Boards is... I think the phrase "chat rooms" was used, which is never a good sign.

We have now included in the TOS that we may expose your account "status" to the general public.

This, and my inbox is slowly filling with constant Irish mail spam, even though its supposed to be illegal here.

DeV.

Advertisement