Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignore lists

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

DeVore wrote: »
    When you consider that the data commissioner is worried that our changing people's tagline to "banned" when we ban someone *might* be a violation of the DPA, I think we might cause brane-b0rk of the highest order if we did anything like what you are suggesting.

Jaysus, has he not got better things to do with his time. Nice to see a privacy statement has been put up though.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah, we had one for ages but like a favourite book, it got lost somewhere in house-moving or something.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Jesus DeV way to ruin a thread, there we were trying to get the scientist to send Amz pictures of his genetically enhanced scrote and you rain in with something serious like the dpa, what is feedback coming to :rolleyes:

on a side note the commish seems "with it" and "down with the kids"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Vegeta wrote: »
    Jesus DeV way to ruin a thread, there we were trying to get the scientist to send Amz pictures of his genetically enhanced scrote and you rain in with something serious like the dpa, what is feedback coming to :rolleyes:

on a side note the commish seems "with it" and "down with the kids"
    Quiet you!

Please carry on DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

i'm with vegata on this - let's get back to preparing that bouquet of balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Post reported for being off topic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Oh, I used the ignore button once, telling the insulting lad just before doing it. Ooooooooo, the POWER! Maybe I'll run for US President next? Bush has a "super power" ignore button I could use in the Oval Office!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,434 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sorry, just wanted to post again to be sure I wasnt unclear. That would be ehhhhhh, NO.

When you consider that the data commissioner is worried that our changing people's tagline to "banned" when we ban someone *might* be a violation of the DPA, I think we might cause brane-b0rk of the highest order if we did anything like what you are suggesting.

Not that we are even considering it.

Ever.

DeV.
    Eh... who are you again....?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sorry, just wanted to post again to be sure I wasnt unclear. That would be ehhhhhh, NO.

Not that we are even considering it.

That's just ridiculous. I wonder what sort of case mordeth has given his username has been changed 100,000 times? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I hope whoever got offended at having the word "Banned" under their username never found their way to the banlist to see some of the comments left about banned users there tbh...

So if boards is gonna stop publically using the word Banned on the tagline how are we gonna know that someone has already been sitebanned? How would we know when to report a spammer? How would we know whether infracting or forum-banning someone would be a waste of time? Would it be possible to indicate more discreetely that someone is banned, or could we make the tagline appear like that for mods only, like how we can view infractions at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I don't think they are going to stop using the word banned, they just now have to explicitly tell the punters that that's what'll happen if they DO get banned. I think.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, thats basically it. To be fair any dealings i've had with the commissioner himself have been quite good actually so this was a bit of a surprise. It seems to have come from someone who tends their email box and got a bit over enthusiatic. Anyway its sorted.

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Since this has been answered I'll ask a little question of my own roughly in the same vein. Any chance of seeing who uses you as a referral when joining?
    I have two referrals but no idea who they are, just a causal interest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Since this has been answered I'll ask a little question of my own roughly in the same vein. Any chance of seeing who uses you as a referral when joining?
    I have two referrals but no idea who they are, just a causal interest.
    PM Cult. He should be able to tell you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

He used to ring me from his last job, where's the love now? :/

Advertisement