Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was biology?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

D3 At Best..

Probably Failed It.

Worst Subject.. Find It So Hard.

But... NEVER HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!!!

I Do Think That For Someone Halfway Decent At Bio It Would Have Been A Lovely Paper..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciaranajl

If you didn't write anything else after ovary and they can make out the word ovary, you'll still get the marks.

And what was the significance of those alleles being on different chromosome pairs in Q 11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

I just said it meant that the characteristics weren't linked but....I really don't think that's right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Loved it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I thought it was a nice paper. I had nothing at all studied for Biology so the night before I just skimmed through the book. Focused on some of the stuff I thought would come up. And most of it did :D Was a bit dissapointed that the senses didn't come up, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

ciaranajl wrote: »
    If you didn't write anything else after ovary and they can make out the word ovary, you'll still get the marks.

And what was the significance of those alleles being on different chromosome pairs in Q 11?
    It means that they aren't linked. If they were then they wouldn't independently assort and you wouldn't get the same genotypes and phenotypes in the progeny.

I thought the paper was grand. I need an A1 and it was the first paper I was really happy with. I wouldn;t say I managed the A1 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

sdigby wrote: »
    Hi .

Cross1 Parents were GgLl x ggll

Gametes GL Gl gL gl x gl

F1 GgLl Ggll ggll ggll

Cross 2 XYn- x XXNn

Gametes Xn Y- XN Xn

F1 XXnN XXnn XYN- XYn-

Personally thought it was a very nice paper!

That better be a typo coz I got a 1:1:1:1 ratio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

mars bar wrote: »
    That better be a typo coz I got a 1:1:1:1 ratio...
    Ya it's a typo.

Thank God! I liked that genetics question!

Oh rite.... [embarrassed]

I still think the answer i put in the paper was valid.

****... it was Ovary. I had Ovary and scribbled it out

Damn, I said it was the Uterus lining...now that I think about it, that would have been progesterone and oestrogen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    OMFG I'm SO angry at myself

Instead of doing heat denaturation experiment I done the effect of temperature on rate of reaction!:mad:

Ah Sh*tcakes... I did the the same :(
    I mentioned that one of the testtubes was boiled at 100 degrees and that no washing up liquid foam was produced. That would at least prevent loss of too many marks right?
    Really wanted an A too.......:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

MattD wrote: »
    Pretty much the best paper that i could have hoped for, with excretion, digestion, bacteria and photosynthesis coming up in the long questions, as well as the usuals - Ecology and Genetics.

I was very happy and may have scraped an A :)

Haha your in the independent today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

Thought it was okay overall. But what was the two symbiotic bacteria in the digestive system?? Could only remember the one in the large intestine..
    And the question in section A on the scientific theory..the scientist analyses her resulting...results? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Katerrrs

Resulting data, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Haha your in the independent today

Ha, yeah so i am! Makes me sound a bit gay tho 'Rushed home to tell the world his joy'

But thats funny stuff. Im more famous than all yous :P

I copied and pasted this from the independent website:

I absolutely nailed it' said a confident Hugh Jass, another Leaving Cert. student. Of the subjects students seemed most nervous of later in the week, Maths and Irish seemed to top the bill.

Say the name in bold writing really quickly, man that person must get a slagging. Me heart goes out to him. (I hope he's not on here:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Katerrrs

That's obviously not his real name, it's one of Bart Simpson's prank-call names!

Or else the reporter didn't like the guy being so big-headed. Now he has a big head and a huge ass...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

I said encouraging the carnivorous mite population, as it would keep the other ones population down

awww crap!! i wrote moving the strawberries somewhere else haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

My cousin had a picture in the paper the other day and all his friends had their real names but his name was Cat Daniels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭xXx-Ginny-xXx

yeah its like my fave subject!!!!!!!!

was hoping 4 an A however it didn really go my way:( i freaked out with nerves:( then messed up my best question-genetics

ah well still did good:D

FINISHED TODAY........WOOO HOOOO!!!!!

Advertisement