Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second round of Kit orders (pm me)

Options
  • 12-06-2008 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Can anyone who wants to order more boards kit please PM me with your order and how you would like to pay. I would prefer paypal but if that isn't an option then I can take a bank transfer.

I'll keep the orders open till next Friday and then I will advise people who have ordered of the final cost.

Thanks!

So far I have orders for

12 x full zip short sleeve jersey
    4 x full zip long sleeve jersey
    5 x bib shorts

Could the people interested in the jackets PM me too, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

chuck up a poll ! People can see easily then how many more orders are needed to secure a particular item.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Verb wrote: »
    chuck up a poll ! People can see easily then how many more orders are needed to secure a particular item.

the only problem with a poll is that you can;'t state you want two of an item!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

the only problem with a poll is that you can;'t state you want two of an item!

ah ! Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Verb wrote: »
    ah ! Good point.
    Maybe do a survey monkey poll ... ?? www.surveymonkey.com ( I think )

Maybe it's best if we pm penexpers, and he just edits the thread starter with numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Maybe it's best if we pm penexpers, and he just edits the thread starter with numbers?

Yep that's what I'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Is it here yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

anyone else dere now fer de full zip long sleeve jersey?

Updated numbers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Jackets?
    And what's the deal with distribution, are they posted to us individually?

• Advertisement

Jackets?
    And what's the deal with distribution, are they posted to us individually?

I can certainly post it to you if you can cover the cost. Else I'm based in the city centre during the day and Newbridge during the evening/weekends so I can meet people then.

Updated numbers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Any interest in Jackets?
    I finally collected my gear from Tiny this afternoon and its REALLY nice, was very happy, would love a jacket to match though.
    Think I'd like a couple of long sleeve zips too.
    I found the shorts a pretty tight fit especially in the crotch area(size 11) but the top was a little large (size 11 again) going one size in either direction for this order.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

penexpers wrote: »
    I can certainly post it to you if you can cover the cost. Else I'm based in the city centre during the day and Newbridge during the evening/weekends so I can meet people then.

I live in France, so I guess you'll have to post :) Count me in though!

penexpers wrote: »
    Can anyone who wants to order more boards kit please PM me with your order and how you would like to pay. I would prefer paypal but if that isn't an option then I can take a bank transfer.

I'll keep the orders open till next Friday and then I will advise people who have ordered of the final cost.

Thanks!

So far I have orders for

12 x full zip short sleeve jersey
    4 x full zip long sleeve jersey
    5 x bib shorts

Could the people interested in the jackets PM me too, thanks.

Updated numbers now...

14 x full zip short sleeve
    8 x full zip long sleeve
    8 x bib shorts
    6 x training jackets

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

Bib tights anyone?

Updated numbers:

14 x full zip short sleeve
    8 x full zip long sleeve
    9 x bib shorts
    7 x training jackets

rogerb wrote: »
    Bib tights anyone?

Hmm, I'd be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

Raam wrote: »
    Hmm, I'd be interested.

Then get your order in! Looks like we have until Friday to get 10 people. I'd like to wear my Boards kit for the Sean Kelly and if last year was anything to judge by it could be a bit chilly for shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

The bib shorts are seriously good, my wife still thinks they look like something Borat would wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

How much are they?? roughly

How much are they?? roughly

40-45euro or so I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I was cycling into work this morning and saw somebody wearing the boards gear. It's actually very nice I must say. Any pictures of the jackets?

I was cycling into work this morning and saw somebody wearing the boards gear. It's actually very nice I must say. Any pictures of the jackets?

There haven't been any boards jackets ordered yet -I had a random sample from carvalho which is what I'm basing the quality off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    The bib shorts are seriously good, my wife still thinks they look like something Borat would wear.

lol - my wife said the same!

They are great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

what are the available sizes in the jackets and shorts ?
    i take it you have small - XL , are they big /small fits etc ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Time to start that 'boards jersey sightings' thread I think
    BUACHAILL wrote: »
    are they big /small fits etc ?

I found the sizing unusual. I take an XL in almost every brand of jersey I've tried (Assos, Nalini, Santini, Campagnolo) but the XL from Carvalho was much bigger than the others. It's a bit looser, but the main thing is that its very long. I'm half thinking of ordering an L in this round, but I'll wait till I've tried it on again. The bibshorts on the other hand fit like every other brand I've tried.
    rogerb wrote: »
    I'd like to wear my Boards kit for the Sean Kelly and if last year was anything to judge by it could be a bit chilly for shorts.

Bib tights? In August? Are you a man or a mouse? A pair of oul knee warmers and you'll be fine.
    Aquinas73 wrote: »
    ...my wife still thinks they look like something Borat would wear.

I had two female friends recently run away shrieking at the sight of a pair of bibs and I wasn't even wearing them at the time. The gas thing is that one of them is the girlfriend of one of my regular cycling buddies. She refused to believe that he wears "those leotard things".

el tonto wrote: »
    I found the sizing unusual. I take an XL in almost every brand of jersey I've tried (Assos, Nalini, Santini, Campagnolo) but the XL from Carvalho was much bigger than the others. It's a bit looser, but the main thing is that its very long. I'm half thinking of ordering an L in this round, but I'll wait till I've tried it on again. The bibshorts on the other hand fit like every other brand I've tried.

I'm the same -I'm thinking a L may be to small, but I can always slim into it :)
    I had two female friends recently run away shrieking at the sight of a pair of bibs and I wasn't even wearing them at the time. The gas thing is that one of them is the girlfriend of one of my regular cycling buddies. She refused to believe that he wears "those leotard things".

The better half also finds my bibs hillarious... bloody wimmen :)

I propose a spin where we only wear the bibtights*

* Not a real proposition

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »
    I propose a spin where we only wear the bibtights

But if I don't have any jersey pockets, where would I put my banana???

Advertisement