Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A warning...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Is this in the right forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

1huge1 wrote: »
    Is this in the right forum?

of course it is limerick has guards ya??

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Met a checkpoint by LIT this morning all right, single gard on his own with no car. Pulled a santa fe or something in ahead of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This could be just checkpoints in the usual spots (Dock Road, outside greenhills on ennis road etc). Everytime they announce one of these operations, you'd be lucky to see 2 checkpoints if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And all these things they are checking for are only offences until next Wednesday when Operation Safeguard ends...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

ya me and the guys in the office were laughing that the guards are making an announcement that as of tomorrow and up until wednesday they will actually be doing their jobs!! cuz i thought all along all these offences were already supposed to be enforced!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

slighty off topic but here a good example of the work ethic of Limerick gardai, yesterday i was driving out the dublin road and was driving behind a squadcar past the park when a wino was stumbling along in the middle of the road, an open bottle of cider in his hand and blood trickling down his forehead, he'd obviously been in a fight or fell over, and they drove right past him while looking at him and didnt pull over, yet if my car tax was a day out of date i'd get pulled for it,ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

krudler wrote: »
    slighty off topic but here a good example of the work ethic of Limerick gardai, yesterday i was driving out the dublin road and was driving behind a squadcar past the park when a wino was stumbling along in the middle of the road, an open bottle of cider in his hand and blood trickling down his forehead, he'd obviously been in a fight or fell over, and they drove right past him while looking at him and didnt pull over, yet if my car tax was a day out of date i'd get pulled for it,ridiculous

Winos are not people to the guards. If you ever have to call them about winos fighting for instance, do NOT say they are drunk. They will never turn up. If you say there is an assault in progress they will be there in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

pretty much, you often see winos down by nancys/smyths at the weekends and the guards just let them there drinking open bottles of cider, i guarantee if i walked out there with a drink i'd get a bollocking or worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Jumpy wrote: »
    Winos are not people to the guards. If you ever have to call them about winos fighting for instance, do NOT say they are drunk. They will never turn up. If you say there is an assault in progress they will be there in minutes.

Well, in their defence, I saw a garda turn in the gate of the Castletroy Park Hotel last week and go back towards UL. He pulled up by a couple of lads who were helping to carry a friend of theirs home between them - he did look a bit the worse for wear. Once he was satisfied that everything was ok, he drove on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement