Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three pints...

Options
  • 12-06-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,497 ✭✭✭✭

An elderly chap walks into a rural bar and orders three pints of Guinness. He takes a seat at a table and proceeds to drink his pints, sipping from each one in rotation.

This happens every Sat night for a few months until curiousity gets the better of one of the regulars, who assks about the odd behaveiour.

"Well, you see, I have two brothers. Paddy lives in Australia and Mick's in America," sess the guy. "So we settled on a traditon of drinking three pints every Saturday night so we'd be all in each others' minds."

The regulars thought this was a kind sentiment and greeted him every week.

However, one Spring, the guy falield to show. The following Saturday night, he arrived, but only bought two pints in front of him. the regular approaced the old man, and took his cap off. "We've noticed you only have two tonight, and we'd like to expres our condolences."

"Oh, no everything's okay," said the drinker. "It's me, you see. I always give up the drink for Lent..."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

Advertisement