Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 2008 Results

Options
  • 12-06-2008 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Just got an email labeled 'modular examination results'. Nearly wet my pants!:( Thank god they are not up yet...I would have a nervous breakdown!

Anywayz I decided I would start this thread now as results will be up in the next few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

bring some flame - friend of mine from the states told me that their MCQ paper exams will take 2 hours to know the result...while those writing ones max. need 3 days...this will be my last rant on the exams results date...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

if yous had randomly logged onto SIS sometime around 4pm last Monday like I did your results probably may have been up

5 of my 6 results were up at that time alongside my semester 1 results, the semester 1 results were exact and the semester 2 results looked entirely legitimate as i knew one module result and that was exactly the same and with 2 other modules the CRN link displayed the correct results that i already knew i got in my coursework

i printed the screen image, then tried entering my results again a minute later and they were gone, could have been a glitch but i suspect they were testing the system at that exact moment

in other words, the results are ready and i dont know why they just cant release them. dunno why one of my results was missing, even now in the results section there is only 5 lines displaying 'Semester 2 Stage 3 - Results not yet available' whereas there are 6 lines for my semester 1 results :confused: have they lost one of my results?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

My post was deleted :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yes, yes it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Raphael wrote: »
    Yes, yes it was.

MUTINY

And also what I don't get is that UCC have twice as much exams as us, finish at a later date then us... but get them either the same time, or earlier then us (Law ones are out for them already)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Trinners final years have their results too... I think we all came to the conclusion long ago that ucd admin is incompetent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Predictions:
    • they post all the results at the same time
    • everyone piles on to the SIS server at the same time
    • SIS server breaks under the load, and no-one can get their results
    The solution? Publish results as they come in, not at an arbitrary time just because "that's the way it's always been done".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

stereoroid wrote: »
    Predictions:
    • they post all the results at the same time
    • everyone piles on to the SIS server at the same time
    • SIS server breaks under the load, and no-one can get their results
    The solution? Publish results as they come in, not at an arbitrary time just because "that's the way it's always been done".

Where were you at christmas? They released the results at 6am after stating 5pm. There was no issue with the SIS server breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Hmm... i was thinking that re Christmas, knew I got mine early, around a quarter to nine I think (before my first lecture) Im wondering what time they will be out at tomorrow... ???

As these are my finals (and Im worried!!!) I'll most likely not sleep tonight and thereofre will be up early in the morn, the last thing I want though is to be logging in every min from say half 7 in the hope (dread?) of getting them but not actualy getting them until 9 (or dare I suggest even after that!!!???)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

xeroshero wrote: »
    Hmm... i was thinking that re Christmas, knew I got mine early, around a quarter to nine I think (before my first lecture) Im wondering what time they will be out at tomorrow... ???

As these are my finals (and Im worried!!!) I'll most likely not sleep tonight and thereofre will be up early in the morn, the last thing I want though is to be logging in every min from say half 7 in the hope (dread?) of getting them but not actualy getting them until 9 (or dare I suggest even after that!!!???)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :o:(

Rumour is that they will be available very early morning @ 2:00 AM

• Advertisement

WHO spread this rumour? HOW? Agh, F**k it, I hate this bloody waiting, was grand every other year but final year - not so fun! :mad: Ah well, shud have them in 12 an d a half hours anyway... (THATS how stressed I am!lol) :p

I wonder................................................... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill be waiting up. Just home from mayo and two weeks away from total war :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭niamherz88

Do u really think they will be up at 2am?????????? Oh god i never sleep now il be checking every half hour or so!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

OTNiner wrote: »

source? i dont want to wait up til 2 for no reason

Is that just you starting that rumour here and now? :rolleyes:

I don't think I'll intentional wait up unitl 2 but I probably won't be able to sleep very well (esp after hearing that!) I think I will bring the Bf's laptop to bed with me so I won't even have to get up (and will have my pillow to cry into if all goes miserably wrong!)!!!! :D

xeroshero wrote: »
    Is that just you starting that rumour here and now? :rolleyes:

ASAIK they are worried about the load on connect so will be releasing the results early AM in the hope that a lot of students will check results before 9 - 9:30.

Same reason for the communication to go direct to sisweb for results and resetting of sisweb pin codes to DOB

OK, cool, makes sense really (sorry, that bit about you starting the rumour was meant as a joke btw) ;) Well, fingers crossed anyway, think I will dd the (trying to) falling asleep thing with the laptop beside the bed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

they'll probably be out at 4.55pm :D just to annoy us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

No, SIS is always offline between 1.30 and 6.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I have to say on hindsight I feel for you guys. The only thing I'm anticipating is how my exam results were broken down by module as I was lucky enough to get given my final overall grade already.

So best of luck to you all tomorrow. I would celebrate but the novelty of being a graduate has already warn off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I got an e mail stating that my connect log-in details had changed to the student number/d.o.b combination. But they havn't, I can log-in using my old credentials. Why must you lie UCD, why???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I wonder what time they'll go up. I remember the Christmas results were up very early. I had a 9am lecture and checked before that and they were up. I'd guess around 8 or so.

I'll be setting me alarm early so.

No, SIS is always offline between 1.30 and 6.30

Hmm, true but its usually offline to allow for maintenance and changes or whatever to take effect, doesn't mean they can "leave it on" tonight? Like, its not like it HAS to be offline at that time....??? :eek:

Tribulus, you have no idea!lol

TelePaul wrote: »
    I got an e mail stating that my connect log-in details had changed to the student number/d.o.b combination. But they havn't, I can log-in using my old credentials. Why must you lie UCD, why???

From SISWeb

"IMPORTANT NOTICE

Please note that all PINs for students registered in 2007/8 have been reset to your six digit date of birth. (ddmmyy)"

Connect login remains the same - sisweb pins were reset in case people forgot what they changed there oin to and are unable to login through connect due to high numbers checking exam results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Good luck to everyone who is getting results.

I'm bricking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Connect login remains the same - sisweb pins were reset in case people forgot what they changed there oin to and are unable to login through connect due to high numbers checking exam results

Thanks dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Results are up. B+, A-, and a B. Happy enough with that. Best of luck to everyone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

I don't see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I don't see them.

Neither do I. But apparently you should not be able to log in to SIS between 1:30AM and 6:30AM yet I can log in and see nothing there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

There up!

I got a 2.1

That'll do :D

Advertisement