Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 2008 Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

My results are up! I got a 2.1, w00t! FINALLY FINISHED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

tywy wrote: »
    My results are up! I got a 2.1, w00t! FINALLY FINISHED!!

Well done! :D
    Glad I stayed up now!

*Raids fridge for beer*

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

YES, YES, YES!!!!

Thank F*ck for that! the wait is over, as my degree!!! :D

Honours degree baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

There up, decent enough I suppose, pissed about one little thing though. I am going to get my essays rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I have a 2:1 degree... excellent. Masters next year so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

WOO! all my obsessive refreshing paid off, i got a 2.1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Just so happens I'm up, and got my results. It's only 1st year, but still... AABBCC, slightly better then first semester, for a 3.4 GPA on the year. I have some queries about the exams, however, in a couple of cases I was marked far below what I expected from them, and I no idea why. (Are they marking to a bell curve?)

Congrats to everyone who finished with good grades!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

2:1 WOOOOOOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

boardsies are all smart cookies so. congrats everyone!

anyone know when you hear from masters then?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Only after finishing 1st year. 3.02 pretty good considering I did absolutley tap all. Microeconomics C- after only going to 2 lectures and completley guessing both papers, what can I say :D

• Advertisement

Congradulations to everyone. Im worried about my mates ive been on an academic placement with the last two weeks. Hope everyone does aswell as all of us . See you all next years. Masters away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 benb

passed everything at christmas, but 3 of my results have E(C) BESIDE THEM.whats that mean? compensation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Finished with 3.51 which I think is a high enough 2.1

Fingers crossed itll be enough to get me the MAcc in Smurfit !!

It says under your grades what you got. Its a 2:1 alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

OMG......... 3.45 2H1 second class honours grade 1

Thank **** its all over.............

Did I hear someone say Post-graduate
    WOOOOOOH!!!!!!

HHAHAHAHAHA B+ Advanced Macroeconomics and i thought i would fail just goes to show what i know.

did they calculate 6 of the best from last year? mine doesnt seem to have adjusted .

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Yay!!!
    3.87, a+ a+ a a a- b+
    Cramming is so worth it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

So far 3.67
    (shakes fist, I mean, c'mon! 0.01..jaysus, in saying that I am happy)
    However the results for one of my courses isn't up yet (yes I am aware it's still early, but I'm slightly worried).
    I've checked and I am registered for the course, and I did take the exam and do all the work for it....anyone else have that problem? :o

Well done so far lads, woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

ABBBBCC, one much worse than I thought, another way better than I thought so meh! It's odd though they're by far the best results I've gotten despite the fact that it was the hardest semester I've ever had AND I missed 3 straight weeks of college... hope the trend continues in 4th year!

(And I never really liked them before but I think I might kiss the lecturer who gave me an A+ in a 50% practical!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

3.9! Somehow I managed an A+ on a 100% exam module. Got a 1st overall for 2nd year, so that's a good way to start the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

4.2 this sem, So F$@%;IN HAPPY!

3.99 overall for a first.
    did they calculate 6 of the best from last year? mine doesnt seem to have adjusted .

were you in mode 1 economics?

edit: i see what you mean, it doesnt really add up for 6 best from last year, i dont know where they pulled my GPA from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Thank God the wait is over wooo!!! Got a B+ in the one I thought I failed so delighted with all my results! Well done everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

3.65 - damn it, so close! :p But I'm happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ok just to confirm, when it says "Final GPA Award Award Description" and gives me a 2:1 - that is the grade for my whole degree, right? i mean, they dont have to start adding that to my previous grades to work out my 'final' score?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hi, I'm repeating half of my final year, I joined before modularization/ I got this result.

40439 ZXXP 4003 Pre-Modular Achievement St 3 C- 30

Stage 3

COMPLETE 60 60 2.38

Is that a pass or a 2.2.? I thought a C- was a 2.2?

Is it marking me out of 60? Because I only did 30 credits.

thats a 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hmm ok thanks, because it says pass at the bottom :confused:

actually yeah, its a pass...sorry man, its early :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

3.4 GPA for the semester. I wasn't sure how those went so I'm happy. 4 Bs, an A and a C. I'm a bit annoyed at that C because 30% was continuous assessment so I knew I had an A going in, but I fluffed the exam.

Still, no point dwelling and the other results I'm happy with.

(Also, I was lying in bed at 2am wondering if they were up. Checking then would've saved me getting up so early. Ah well)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

benb wrote: »
    3 of my results have E(C) BESIDE THEM.whats that mean? compensation?

Yep, means compensation, meaning you got lucky man! As did I! I love compensation!!!Lol. means you got between 30-40% but you don't have to repeat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I refuse to pay attention to this GPA nonsense, I want my degree to have the old way of marking on it! 3.18 overall. Actually managed to get an A in one of my subjects and they gave my thesis a B :eek: I must really have a way with words.

Advertisement