Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 2008 Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

anyone took biochem in 2nd yr science?lol passed the damn thing with a D+,consider the bad timetable with a chem on the same day!

overall my 2nd year get me a second first :Dhappy enough since it doesnt matter anyway...yeay!my 2nd yr is officially finish now!

*cursing biochem20020*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

woot! 1st class honours degree :) PhD awaits!

congrats everyone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭niamherz88

Well thats first year passed!! Abs delighted cause it doesnt count anyway!! Roll on 2nd year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Passed everything, and my E from last semester got compensated.

GPA: 2.8, which is a 2.2 I believe.

Better than a pass I guess! Gonna get the head down next year and try bring it up to a 2.1 so that I have the option of doing a masters in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 HoldOnTight

3.5 GPA for first year!!! Management Principles seriously brought me down!:(....I received an E(C) in management so that means I passed by compensation right? Do I have to do anything with this compensation or do I just treat it as a pass like I would my other results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

3.27 gpa for my entire year. Got dragged down a bit from doing 2 electives in japanese. Might go for something easier next year to boost it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

First class honours for my degree!! Woop woop woop!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wow, boardsies do be smart!

Anyway, I did my typical...passed everything, but in such an unspectacular fashion. But hey, I'm not repeating so I don't mind too much. I'll do more work next year and it'll be good then.

Mushy wrote: »
    Wow, boardsies do be smart!

Anyway, I did my typical...passed everything, but in such an unspectacular fashion. But hey, I'm not repeating so I don't mind too much. I'll do more work next year and it'll be good then.
    High five for mediocrity! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement

Wassamatterminister?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dave! wrote: »
    High five for mediocrity! :D

*high fives*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Second class honours grade 1 :D

Dave! wrote: »
    Wassamatterminister?
    :(Apparently I failed 3! It is such a shocker, one of them I thought that I did really well in too, and then I was recorded as getting a G (which I can't believe is right), and the other two I was sure that I passed.

Now I have to phone the programme office to look at my options.

:(Apparently I failed 3! It is such a shocker, one of them I thought that I did really well in too, and then I was recorded as getting a G (which I can't believe is right), and the other two I was sure that I passed.

Now I have to phone the programme office to look at my options.
    Disaster :( Good luck with it, hopefully it aint as bad as you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im sorry to hear that minister. Hope it works out for you

I'm going to appeal at least one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm an idiot with 0.1 away from a first class honors degree in electrical engineering

So now all I have to do is screw the system in final year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Introduction to Programming II A+
    Tensors & Space-time D-
    Intro to Fluids & Waves A-
    Multivariable Calculus and App A+
    Thermal Physics and Materials A-
    Exploring the Solar System B

3.57 for the semester, 3.53 for the year. Good Solid 2.1, and it doesn;t actually count for anything

I'm hoping to pull myself up by having an exam rechecked (no way I got a "G"), but I was asking them what would happen if I didn't, and they told me that I would have to pay for a repeat, and pay the entire reg fee for the year.:eek:
    I would have thought that since the reg fee normally pays for about 12 modules, that it would cover one.
    Is this right?

Desperately hoping for the regrading now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I would have thought that since the reg fee normally pays for about 12 modules, that it would cover one.
    Is this right?

Don't think so, the Gov just normally pays for all you modules as well as you paying the reg fee. Fingers crossed you get an upgrade. Check the breakdown if there was more than one assessment, there may be some error like leaving some marks out or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i... still..... haven't........... received....... my....... f**king............ results..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad:

to whom should i make an official complaint regarding the continuous f**k up after f**k up today by these incompetent administrative c*nts running this university?

is the SU my best bet?

i have zero trust or faith in anyone in this university after what ive gone through today :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

i... still..... haven't........... received....... my....... f**king............ results..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad:

to whom should i make an official complaint regarding the continuous f**k up after f**k up today by these incompetent administrative c*nts running this university?

is the SU my best bet?

i have zero trust or faith in anyone in this university after what ive gone through today :mad:

Get onto sueducation@ucd.ie. I know a couple of particular courses like radiography aren't getting theirs (2nd + 3rd years)for another week but you might as well get the ball rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Sorry to hear about your predicament The_Minister. Hope you get it sorted out.

As for me I got my Second Class Honours Grade 1 (2.1) BA degree in Politics and Sociology.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Onw of my results is showig up as NG. This is wrong I know. Any ideas who to contact? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

Onw of my results is showig up as NG. This is wrong I know. Any ideas who to contact? :confused:

your lecturer. Sometimes it fixes itself too, but get on to your lecturer, they'll sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

dajaffa wrote: »
    Get onto sueducation@ucd.ie. I know a couple of particular courses like radiography aren't getting theirs (2nd + 3rd years)for another week but you might as well get the ball rolling.

thanks, even though my results have just appeared now i'm still going to send a email to Ronan to let him know whats been going on

anyway, got a first class honours degree! :D

congrats and well done to everyone even if the results were good or disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

2.1 degree. I'll take that I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

is anyone else having dificulty getting onto the exam results? i cant get on using http://sisweb.ucd.ie or by logging into www.ucd.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Managed to get a first. Absolutely delighted. Well done everyone!!

Advertisement