Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sothe hype has died down, how overrated is it ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I think it's a brilliant game, but IMO, MGS4 is better and should win Game of the Year ahead of GTA4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

cheesedude wrote: »
    Metal Gear has nothing to do with Pro Evo. I've played the metal gear series...Metal Gear 1 was the best.
    They do, they're both under Konami, aren't they? If Hideo Kojima has anything to do with it being better, I'd just love to see how much he knows about soccer, maybe he can improve it?! :D

Edit: Ste05 says it like it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Nailz wrote: »
    They do, they're both under Konami, aren't they? If Hideo Kojima has anything to do with it being better, I'd just love to see how much he knows about soccer, maybe he can improve it?! :D

Edit: Ste05 says it like it is.

Good man yeah...how the **** is a strategy game and a football game anything to do with anything?

Yeah there both under Konami but they are different genres of games...

My original point if you bothered to read it, was me saying that Konami are ****ed in the head as they keep screwing up Pro Evo (as Pro Evo used to be my favourite game)...so since they messed that up, GTA IV would be my favourite game.

I don't care who wins game of the year...I just play for my own enjoyment.

Yeah because Konami are ****ed in the head and can't sort out pro evo properly...
    No, you met to say is "The people at Konami who make PES are ****ed in the head and can't sort out pro evo properly..." Isn't that what you meant? The way you said it in the original post just generalises all of Konami and then blames it on PES. Is that not right? Like I respect ya and all, but I think you made a mistake in what you said and what you meant to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Konami are only publishers of MGS, kojima productions developed it. The Pro Evo Games are deved in house.

But your correct, they need to sort out the mess that is Pro Evo... Ive lost count now of how many people that are getting fed up with this franchise.

Edit --- And IMO, people shouldnt be calling GOTY when its only June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

Nailz knows the score.

and they didnt **** up pro atall, it still feels like all the classic pro's, they're adjusting to the new system, soon as they find their feet, Pro will rule again.

I personally think its still ruling, great game to play wit ur mates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

The offline mode is ok but they need new network coders because the online for PES2008 is a mess, no arguments there. I still play number 6 because that has a marginally better online but its still a joke. Bare in mind ive loved Konamis football games since ISS.

Okay, now lets get back to GTA. We can bring these subject to it's respected forums (MGS/PES) if you like, I personally have no interest though.

I don't think anybody overrated GTA this year, everybody told it as it was from the day it was releast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Konami ****ed up Pro Evo...I was a huge fan. Not anymore, and I hope Pes gets back to the top this year as I am bored of Fifa 08...it just does not feel right...they were on the right track with pro evo 4 and 5 and then it all just dropped down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Its good, but is it a 100% game, not a chance. Far too many niggly issues. Ive played far more Cod4 Halo and Pro Evo that I have GTA

My thoughts exactly. Still haven't bothered completing it and I only have 1 mission left to do. Comparing that to the 2 days it took me to complete Vice City, I've come to the conclusion that I either don't like games that much any more, or that GTAIV wasn't all that good...

• Advertisement

Konami ****ed up Pro Evo...I was a huge fan. Not anymore, and I hope Pes gets back to the top this year as I am bored of Fifa 08...it just does not feel right...they were on the right track with pro evo 4 and 5 and then it all just dropped down.
    Yeah I agree they made shìt of PES and all, but I didn't think the generalisation was fair. Pro Evo was one of my favorite 3 game series too, and it was a pure shame, but fingers crossed they pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i havent played GTA since i cleared it, and have no intention of going back to play it again tbh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Roar wrote: »
    i havent played GTA since i cleared it, and have no intention of going back to play it again tbh..

i haven't cleared it yet (MGS and all...) but i can see myself coming back to play with cheats and stuff once i'm done. though, the online is such a colossal failure compared to battlefield, and the like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not sure why there are comments about MGS slipping in to this thread. They are completely different games and the title of Game of the year has about the same relevance on the enjoyment of it!

The more i have played GTAIV the more and more i like it. Im glad they dropped some of the elements of SA. I really like Niko's character and find him to be the best yet to empathise with

My only negative comments are the radio is now boring to me and i usually switch it off. however i do like how the news bulletins often update commenting on the some of the missions you have completed.

As for MGS, i love those games too but i find they dont have half as much replay value of GTA.

Finally, its now 2008, i think we are all over the 'My spectrum is better than your C64 cos Chase HQ is much better on it' arguments so lets drop them on the current gen machines and just enjoy the games. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

faceman wrote: »
    Finally, its now 2008, i think we are all over the 'My spectrum is better than your C64 cos Chase HQ is much better on it' arguments so lets drop them on the current gen machines and just enjoy the games. :)

QFT, +1 etc..

well said sir.

I have a PS3, I don't look down on 360 owners, i wish the PS had some of its games alright, but I've made my choice and playstation it is. I don't have to constantly reassure myself that i've made the right choice by spouting fanboyish statements.

Just play the game ffs, don't worry that it looks ever so slightly better on whichever system, we're both playing the exact same game!

oh, and btw faceman, Amstrad 464 was better than commodore and spectrum. Combined. amstrad = pwnge

:D

i miss my amstrad...

Advertisement