Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could go back...

Options
  • 12-06-2008 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Nobody can change the past obviously; but if you could go back would you have studied more than you actually did? What would you do differently? e.g. take different subjects, different levels etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Definitely would have changed a lot.

I would have at least done my homework in 5th year, especially Maths. I think if I had done my maths homework in 5th year I wouldn't have had to work half as hard this year.
    I would probably take up an 8th subject like Religion or Art so I would have 7 Higher Levels because my lack of Irish skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

i dunno, i dont rly think i'd change much. i put in a fair bit of work towards the end and almost nothing before that but i've found all the exams pretty doable so far, was very worried about bio today bt it didn't go too bad, along with everything else. dont think i wud change nething. i'd tell 4th years to do h.w. and try make sure they understand everything but other than that theres no need for all the stressing! :) nearly over now, and its not half as big a deal as evry1 makes it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Id definitely not have taken biology, ive despised it for the last two years, really gained a hatrid for science subjects because of it. Should of done history.

Other than that I think i did well with my other options, and even still biology didnt go that bad today, I definitely passed the honours paper this morning, I was so nervous going in I almost dropped to pass, so glad I didn't now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 guapa

if i could go back i tink tat i wudnt stress as much!!:p:pi wish i did the 3 business subjects!!bu i do tink tat everythin happens for a reason so while it is good 2 tink about the past im lookin forward 2 a gr8 future:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I think I would do everything as I had done. Although there was a bit of stress, 6th year was probably my best year at school. Most fun etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 m-i-t-s-u-k-o

I'd have dropped to pass Irish sooner and choosen Chemistry instead of Biology or Accounting
    And I wouldn't have gotten so worked up over the mocks..

Also wouldn't have join the debs committee! Biggest head wrecker of the whole Leaving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 thewildone

Guys don't be thinking about what you would of done differently. Whats done is done and thinking about it isn't going to make any differnce. The leaving Cert isn't the end of the world...Although it seems like it is to us now, but it's not! Be happy about what you Have done and just enjoy the summer hols! I'm sure you ll done brilliant!!:) x

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

I wouldn't have worked so many hours in my part-time job. Worked 24.5 hours until Jan and then went down to 14. Everyone was telling me that I was mad but I only realised last week how mad I actually was to have worked so much. Should be getting in the 500 points range but now I'll be lucky to get 450!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd done higher level Maths and dropped to pass Irish instead.I'd have done economics and french instead of German and History aswell.I also would have studied a bit more throughout the year instead of leaving everyting to pretty much the night before,which was not a good idea.I'm after doing well but it was a horrible experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭daithi_student

i Wish i did business instead of geography! Even if i could go back i prob wouldn't study anymore than i did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

I would have only studied the things that I now know featured on the 2008 leaving cert. And I would have studied them to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Erm I can really change the stuff that went wrong but i wouldnt have done physics -big regret wasnt taught a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rob-a-tron

Timans wrote: »
    Definitely would have changed a lot.

I would have at least done my homework in 5th year, especially Maths. I think if I had done my maths homework in 5th year I wouldn't have had to work half as hard this year.
    Couldnt agree more!!! Do the homework at least! And make sure you know your formulas inside out! I learnt them about a month before the exam and I started gettin Q's out easy!!! To be honest I wouldnt go breakin my balls the whole year! Like do an hour or two after your homework. And if your lyin around the gaff doing nothing i'd do some then. After easter I'd start doing study on days off and step it up a bit. Then the month before the exams study all you can!!! Thats what i'd do if I could go back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

i would of chosen biology over art
    i would of stayed in honours irish in third year
    but alas no

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

Well before the leavin actually started i would hav said i wish i had done geography instead of business bt business turned out to be grand so im glad i did it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I Would Have Def Taken Home Ec Instead Of Bio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

i wouldn't have done history and would've done economics outside of school... either that or i would've done economics instead of geography. geography was more boring but i was better at it - history at least interested me. i would've studied things that i learned in class during the day, paid attention, not texted during school, and organised my notes better...

tasha1 wrote: »
    I Would Have Def Taken Home Ec Instead Of Bio...
    God ya id do anything except biology, such a bad choice, all the same im very confident I passed the paper the other day and thats good enough for me. Terrible at science subjects and really don't know why I picked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

1huge1 wrote: »
    God ya id do anything except biology, such a bad choice, all the same im very confident I passed the paper the other day and thats good enough for me. Terrible at science subjects and really don't know why I picked it.

Ditto..

I'm Not Confident At All That I Passed It Though..

But For Someone Who Is Okay At Bio Unlike Me I Think They Would Have Found It Lovely.. :]

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

I would never have taken up physics.. Worst subject ever.. Business instead would have been lovely :p

While I have had to do a good bit a lot of study over the past few weeks, which may have been a tad stressful, I don't really think I'd have done much more over the year. 3 hours supervised study every night in LC was sufficient to get my homework and a tiny bit of revision done, and I honestly don't think I would have done anything differently in that respect.

• Advertisement

I would have done the leaving right last year.

I would have done the leaving right last year.
    Did ya do TY or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

MaltEagle wrote: »
    Nobody can change the past obviously;

I can

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

i would not have done TY and finished a year earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Peleus wrote: »
    I can

yeah by resitting the leaving. That would be hell!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

Jesus thats easy, would have done spanish instead of history, another language and very similiar to french!! And I only found out the other day that there's a teacher in our school and she's fluent but no-one ever learns spanish in our school. There was one girl last year who had to do it for LCVP and after a year and a half of learning the language, she got a b2 in honours.I think thats a pretty good achievement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 swimfan22

If I could go back, I'd definitely have chosen Religion, another language or Classical Studies over Chemistry, no question! In fact, I'd probably have picked anything rather than Chemistry!

I would've worked a bit more at maths & biology. But you can't change the past as they say (and I should know, I study history in college now! ;))

I did my LC two years ago, but a close relative suffering through it has brought it all back :p

Congrats to everyone for getting through it, you're freeeeeeeeeeee!!

Advertisement