Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Oscommerce contributions

Options
  • 12-06-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

When downloading Oscommerce contributions is it enough to download the latest post or would I have to get all the contributions posted and upload/modify them in order?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Haven't done it in a while, but as far as I remember, the latest will do fine. They should all have install/release notes which will tell you if you need anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks. I'm very new to Oscommerce so still trying to get to grips with some parts of it. I'm looking for a "free-shipping over X amount" type module. I've found one but there are a hefty amount of contributions preceding the latest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Free shipping over X is part of the default installation.
    In the Admin section go to Modules, Order Total, Shipping.
    There are true/false radio buttons for "Allow Free Shipping"; below that is the "Free Shipping For Orders Over" field and finally, the "Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made" - national, international, both.

You should read the comments for the latest contributions - some will contain all the required files and instructions, sometimes they only contain one file with a single fix, sometimes no files are attached and the comment mentions a fix.

daymobrew wrote: »
    Free shipping over X is part of the default installation.
    In the Admin section go to Modules, Order Total, Shipping.
    There are true/false radio buttons for "Allow Free Shipping"; below that is the "Free Shipping For Orders Over" field and finally, the "Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made" - national, international, both.

You should read the comments for the latest contributions - some will contain all the required files and instructions, sometimes they only contain one file with a single fix, sometimes no files are attached and the comment mentions a fix.

Thanks for that. Can't believe I missed "Allow free shipping" in the Modules section.:rolleyes:

Still having on shipping problem so far if someone might know a solution. I have the conditions on the Free Shipping module set to ship orders over €100 with no shipping charge, however I would like to have a nominal delivery charge of €5 for orders under €100. Any way to do this. I've tried a few different settings but I cant seem to get it to work the way I have in mind. Sorry if I'm just being thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Diceicle wrote: »
    Still having on shipping problem so far if someone might know a solution. I have the conditions on the Free Shipping module set to ship orders over €100 with no shipping charge, however I would like to have a nominal delivery charge of €5 for orders under €100. Any way to do this. I've tried a few different settings but I cant seem to get it to work the way I have in mind. Sorry if I'm just being thick.
    The flexibility of osCommerce makes it complex.

Try using Table Rate (admin, Modules, Shipping, Table Rate).
    Set "Table Method" to price and fill in "Shipping Table" with something like "100:5,100000:0" i.e. 5 euro for up to 100 euro total, free otherwise. I'm not sure if the other free shipping will handle the free bit before this bit does.

• Advertisement

Had a quick try of what you suggested, using the table ratio, and things seem to be working as I'd like them. Thanks very much for your advice.

Advertisement