Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype on Eircom

Options
  • 12-06-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering how do people find skype video calls over eircom? I currently have a wireless provider and when i use skype it works fine. I call family in the US a lot on it. I can now get dsl and was wondering if i move to the eircom 3mb line for example, will the upload speeds affect the video streaming from my end?

My wireless speed is 1.5mb up/down.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marchanlon

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering how do people find skype video calls over eircom? I currently have a wireless provider and when i use skype it works fine. I call family in the US a lot on it. I can now get dsl and was wondering if i move to the eircom 3mb line for example, will the upload speeds affect the video streaming from my end?

My wireless speed is 1.5mb up/down.

thanks

I was living in Boston last summer and used Skype video to keep in touch with family here in Dublin, never had a problem with it - video quality was very good. We have 3072/384kbps Eircom here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yes the upload speed will affect the video, your upload speed is likely either 128K or 256K, if its 128K then video may not be that great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

I will be hoping to get 3072/384kbps so hopefully it will be ok

cheers

Advertisement