Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bird???

Options
  • 12-06-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

i had a wild bird that i had rescued in my garden after it fell out of its nest. i had it for a few weeks keeping care of it after first consulting bird watch ireland. it was healthy and lively wen i left for a weekend. i gave persific instructions to a friend on how to keep care of it. when i came back it still seemed fine but the next morning i woke up and she was dead. it also was on the week she was due to be released. does anyone have any explaination for this! was i something my friend did or was it the shock of having more people around her? it has baffled me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

the success rate of fledgling birds isn't particularly high. they're very fragile. could have been anything, perhaps nothing you could do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Theres really 101 things that could have caused and there's no real way of knowing, I've had similar things happen myself I had one that I really thought was going to make it but woke one morning to find it dead and its really annoying.

Advertisement