Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy anyone??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Misleading thread title. I thought you were giving away chocolate. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

damnit, now i want chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

yes i was going to email you a bit of chocolate. Maybe someday it wil be possible:)

I actually forgot that bar even existed. You never see adds for it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Galaxy Caramel for me please.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Galaxy Caramel for me please.
    Galaxy caramel is sooo 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Just in case any spoilsport starts asking what is the connection between Galaxy and Atheism/Agnosticism - here is a posting from an agnostic blogger whining about Galaxy's neglect of Jesus:
    http://http://gregorblog.wordpress.com/ Why do people become politically correct; I’d really like to know? I only ask because this morning I was was optically assaulted by my woefully uninspired Galaxy Chocolate advent calendar. I was hoping against hope that I may finally see something even remotely Christian in one of the brown swirly windows, I mean if it’s not the birth of Christ they’re counting down to, what the hell is it? does anything else happen on the 25th of December I don’t know about?

I only say this because today I was cruelly exposed to yet another affront to Christmas cheer, a spectacular drawing of a ‘bejeweled hair clip’! Yes that’s right a ‘bejeweled hair clip’, at least I think that’s what it was. It took me a good while to work it out. However it doesn’t end there. The other day I was lucky enough to be treated to a picture of a handbag, yes a bloody HANDBAG, and not even a festive one!? Did Mary sport a handbag, or even a bejeweled hair clip’? If she did they would be the first thing in this calendar even remotely Christian. Of course I should have been wise to Galaxy’s woeful sense of holiday spirit as this sort of thing had happened before! Yes one fateful day all of one week ago I came across not only a box of chocolates, but a pair of mittens. I suppose you’d have to ask all those African, South American and Antipodean Christians to assess the true relationship those mittens had to Christ, however I feel they may come to the same conclusion as I did, utter bollocks!

The thing is, I’m not even Christian. Being an agnostic, I do believe in a god*, however I just can’t subscribe to the whole organised religion bit. These Bible’s, Torah’s, and Qu’ran’s are just bunk as far as I’m concerned, however I still subscribe to Christian values on the whole, the focus on family, being good to each other, respect for oneself, and all that jazz. Christmas is perhaps the one day of the year when those ideals are to the forefront of everyone’s mind, and if it means putting up with organised religion for at least one day of the year, I can subscribe to it. However I am under no illusions as to what the day was inspired by or what it was about (originally), so to all those advent calendar producers out there I say this, stop being a bunch of sodding arseholes…amen.

* There either is a god or there isn’t, no one really knows, so I say hey, why not hedge your bets? If you’re wrong it doesn’t matter, and If god is a spiteful bastard who wont allow you in if you don’t believe, then I’ve got that covered too. I also find it makes me feel more comfortable, I don’t really know why, it just does.

I placed a bid when it was at 250 quid. I knew it would sell for well more than that. At least now i have a chat up line with some substance.

"hey baby, i was once the highest bidder in an auction for the Galaxy"

If i had won it i would have made this little thing ruler of all

http://www.nikkor2d2.com/

mainly because it is the coolest thing i have ever seen and would sell my sould for one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

PDN wrote: »
    does anything else happen on the 25th of December I don’t know about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_25#Events

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Free shipping? Nice!

PDN wrote: »
    Just in case any spoilsport starts asking what is the connection between Galaxy and Atheism/Agnosticism - here is a posting from an agnostic blogger whining about Galaxy's neglect of Jesus:
    Any excuse in a forum based on a disbelief. :pac:

Though I do like the cut of that blogger's jib.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dades wrote: »

Apparently 2006 is smooth and delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

You lie, sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yes, I would definitely like a Galaxy bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I love the way there has been 13 replies and not one of them on topic (including this one). When did A&A become After Hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's a bloody joke topic, something tells me the OP wasn't seeking serious replies

well it started serious. I did bring it back into topic at one point. But everyone seemed to want to talk about chocolate bars?? Delete the thread if you like. I dont mind really. people just dont seem to want to talk about the fact that the Galaxy could be ours to legally own (as in atheists).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

bogwalrus wrote: »
    well it started serious. I did bring it back into topic at one point. But everyone seemed to want to talk about chocolate bars?? Delete the thread if you like. I dont mind really. people just dont seem to want to talk about the fact that the Galaxy could be ours to legally own (as in atheists).

Except that it couldn't. No one can sell it because no one owns it.

iUseVi wrote: »
    No one can sell it because no one owns it.
    I'm agnostic about that one.
    Just because we don't know of anyone owning it doesn't mean someone doesn't.

Who cares. Nothing matters anyway.

/runs away crying

I'm agnostic about that one.
    Just because we don't know of anyone owning it doesn't mean someone doesn't.

Who cares. Nothing matters anyway.

/runs away crying

Feeling a little nihilistic today, eh? ;) I blame the EU for everything.

iUseVi wrote: »
    I blame the EU for everything.
    If we owned the Galaxy of course that wouldn't an issue, the EU being part of it an all that...

Though my depression is somewhat lessoned by the prospect of a nice bottle of white, and France v Holland. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Though my depression is somewhat lessoned by the prospect of a nice bottle of white, and France v Holland. :)

I'm sitting here with a nice bottle of red just waiting for the match to start.
    (nice sig btw :) )

As for owning the galaxy, I wouldn't want to, when the Klingons come looking for their slice, I wouldn't want to be involved.

What's all this talk of wine? Pfft, good Irish Whiskey FTW! ;)

Good Luck Holland! (Why not)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Don't they know the Scientologist God ZENU already has the freehold on the whole Universe?

I've read Diantetics, and I'm sure there was a clause in there somewhere about sub-letting.

Advertisement