Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please keep an eye out

• 12-06-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Hi all, the Transapl 600 XL I brought as a back up was taken from outside my Mothers in Ballyfermot last night. They cut through a very good rope chain and more than likely into a van then. Only had the cnut a week.

Its 93D 44038 black and grey, its been reprted stolen so if by chance you seen please notify the cops. Though I doubt it will be seen again. Though with 3rd party only I'm basically down the guts of 3,000.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

Thats **** man, hard luck

Hope it turns up somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pirate reject

Thats rough mate. I know exactly how you feel as I have had two nicked in the past. If it offers any hope I did get one back about three months later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hey Odysseus,

Have a look at www.stolenbikes.ie. You can email details of your bike and it gets put up there. Lets more people know about it

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Sorry to hear that, will keep the eyes open around Clondalkin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Any photos of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Cheers lads,

I'll post the details on that site later, I didn't even have any time to take photos of it. I was waiting for a decent day. Got home to find the log book in the post:( All I can hope for is that the cnut who took it comes of it and does serious damage to himself, but that just wishful thinking.

I wasn't there that night, but due to health issues with my Mother I generally spend a night or two there, I will have to review the security on the KLE now.

Pirate reject what condition was yours in when you got it back? Anyone I heard of getting a bike back is was always thrashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I think there is a better chanse of geting a bike back then a car as they only seem to use car's for one night then wreak it with bikes they seem to keep and use i have had bikes stolen on me and have goten them back weeks later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I got some info only the alleged location of the bike on Saturday night, but I couldn't get anyone to act on it until I got talking to a detective on Monday. However, if it was there, it was gone by then so back to the drawaing board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sorry to hear it, will keep an eye out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Really sorry to hear about that. I had my bike stolen last December but got it back in January so there is hope. I'll keep an eye out for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement