Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megane 1.5 dci

Options
  • 12-06-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I'm looking at getting one of these cars for a run around. There appears to be two versions, 80bhp and 100bhp:confused:
    Can anybody tell me how to spot which is which?
    Are there any obvious differences to look out for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Can be tricky, I imported the 106bhp and the VRT office only had details of the 80bhp at hand, no obvious markings on the engine, so almost impossible for the punter to tell them apart. Best to run the chassis number via Renault. The 106bhp is an absolute cracking motor.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the 100bhp version is only sold in the top of the range spec model Megane, Dynamic I think.

The bhp should also be listed on the Vehicle Registration Certificate too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

bazz26 wrote: »
    The bhp should also be listed on the Vehicle Registration Certificate too.

That would be a great help except that its on NI plates and not registered here yet :(
    Assuming that I may never be able to tell the difference (not being able to get the VIN number), is there a big difference in performance between the two versions :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Why can't you get the VIN number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

Why can't you get the VIN number?

I suppose I could, but it would mean being nosey at the garage and possibly losing the chance to get a baragin ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AFAIK, the 80bhp version was on the Authentique model, and the higher bhp on the Dynamique.

Advertisement