Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Calls Briefly Cut Out BB (Eircom Wireless)

Options
  • 12-06-2008 2:58pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Every time someone answers or makes a call it causes our wireless BB (Eircom) to stop working. It usually fixes itself after a few minutes but it's a bit of a nuisance. We did have a different problem a while back and they sent out a replacement router which is the one we're on at the minute. It worked fine initially.

I can't remember the model details as I'm not at home but I can check this evening - both were/are Netopia things. At the time, getting coherent tech support was like pulling teeth.

Any ideas if this is down the router or something else? One of the lights usually goes red when it happens. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

My guess is you've a broken/missing filter on one of your phone points. Buy a new pack in any computer store for a couple of euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sounds like you have a filter set up incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have you got the correct DSL filters on all of the phones in your property. The filters need to be fitted correctly and in the right direction to eliminate the standard telephone frequencies interferring with your router.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks :) Will check that them this evening, think we've a few spare ones.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Advertisement
Advertisement