Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surge protection at the consumer unit

Options
  • 12-06-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Was wondering if it's possible to out surge protection at the consumer unit rather than using the plug-in trailing units.

Reason is that we have sometimes "spiky" mains due to pumps cutting in etc. in the rural area where we live. The desktop computer(s) will have a dedicated UPS each but for expensive TVs, Hifis etc. I'd like to add additional protection.

Due to the design of the house we have two consumer units, so I'd be able to add the protection on just one downstairs ring main which would cover most of the devices I'm worried about.

Alternatively, anyone seen any single socket surge protectors (we put in loads of sockets to avoid having to have trailing leads in the first place). I've seen mains "conditioning" leads in the HiFi press but these are expensive.

Thanks
    SSE

Comments

Advertisement