Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zombie Intelligence

• 12-06-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Ok, sorry if this is a really obvious question that I should know the answer to, but how intelligent are zombies?

Because I was thinking about the different kinds of traps to set out when I barricade my house up, and it will make it easier if they are a bit stupid. Do they retain the knowledge and intelligence they had before being infected?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Oh thats a can of worms...

I prefer them stoopid. No new films are going to change my mind, I reckon all zombies are not the brightest sparks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Na, they're all daft as a plank. The most obvious and visible traps will work on them.
    They run only on instinct, no reason in there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Roen wrote: »
    Na, they're all daft as a plank. The most obvious and visible traps will work on them.
    They run only on instinct, no reason in there at all.

Excellent. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

zombies are thick as a plank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

SDooM wrote: »
    Oh thats a can of worms...

I prefer them stoopid. No new films are going to change my mind, I reckon all zombies are not the brightest sparks.

Day of The Dead is not a new film yet it had a zombie figure out how to use a gun and a razor did it not?

But anyway, while they can remember things from their life before, they are still rather dim and slow to figure things out, as such just keep varying the traps and you should be fine.

• Advertisement

farohar wrote: »
    Day of The Dead is not a new film yet it had a zombie figure out how to use a gun and a razor did it not?

But anyway, while they can remember things from their life before, they are still rather dim and slow to figure things out, as such just keep varying the traps and you should be fine.

Good, good, this is all good news. Now I just have to design the traps. I'm thinking large moats and pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

....Large wall?

....Large wall?

Maybe. The thing about the moat is that it's also a good place to dump the bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Are they smart....?Just check out your average politican,RTE presenter or football yob for your answer.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

iUseVi wrote: »
    Maybe. The thing about the moat is that it's also a good place to dump the bodies.

A moat will eventually fill in with zombie bodies. Don't count on it. Better to stake out a skanger with sentry guns aimed at head height.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

they are not smart i reckon they have like genetic memory as in they know how to breath and eat and walk. but as for using things it would be like anew born learning as they go. slowly but eventually you would have to set up more and more complex traps.

(before anyone says anything i realise they dont need anerobic digestion to live but i was using breathing as an example)

dresden8 wrote: »
    A moat will eventually fill in with zombie bodies. Don't count on it. Better to stake out a skanger with sentry guns aimed at head height.

Which just means it's time to throw down some petrol and have a zombie BBQ.:D

Which just means it's time to throw down some petrol and have a zombie BBQ.:D

Exactly. :cool: Although the smoke might attract unwanted attention.

iUseVi wrote: »
    Exactly. :cool: Although the smoke might attract unwanted attention.

Yeah, but the burning zombie corpses will give the other zombies the message to back off, and the ecowarriors who want to complain that you're hurting the atmosphere with all your smoke, well I'm sure the zombies will appreciate you arranging take away delievery for them like that....:D

Yeah, but the burning zombie corpses will give the other zombies the message to back off, and the ecowarriors who want to complain that you're hurting the atmosphere with all your smoke, well I'm sure the zombies will appreciate you arranging take away delievery for them like that....:D

LOL. :pac:

Advertisement