Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting roller blinds - spring type

Options
  • 12-06-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Having taken a blind down to wash I am now having trouble refitting it.
    It is a touch pull type, not a side winder one. It is not easy to get the blind in the brackets and at present when I do the blind just unrolls to the bottom. Can anyone help me with the following:
    a)Should the blind be fully rolled before placing it in the brackets
    b)Do I put the fixed end in its bracket first or the moveable one in first?
    c)Should I tighten the spring thingy before fitting it? If so how tight should it be?
    Hope these questions make sense and many thanks in advance for any help given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

From personal experience in putting back these type of blind after decorating.
    Roll the blind up, put the round end in first and then the fixed (square end ) into the bracket. Pull the blind down and leave it down for a minute. then raise the blind as normal. This should then re-set the tension on the spring.

This method worked for me, but maybe a "blind man" [inset the joke] may give a better insight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

You need to retension the spring. This is best done on the window. fit blind in brackets and pull down. This winds up the spring. If the spring isnt wound enough to pull the fabric back up, remove blind from brackets and roll up manually. then refit and pull down again. If the spring isnt wound enough to pull the fabric back up, remove blind from brackets and roll up manually. then refit and pull down again. If the spring isnt wound enough to pull the fabric back up, remove blind from brackets and roll up manually. then refit and pull down again. Trial and error will find the right spot. if you wind the spring too strong you may need to unwind it a bit.
    If the blind is difficult to get into brackets this is often due to the brackets placed too high or wrong brackets.
    Usualy the square end goes in first but this depends on the type of spring/brackets

Pull the blind down and leave it down for a minute. then raise the blind as normal. This should then re-set the tension on the spring
    This only works on intelligent blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

A big thank you to mildews and blindman - I have finally done it with your advice and suggestions.

Advertisement