Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant with a Difference

Options
  • 12-06-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

We were hoping to go to La Peniche, the barge restaurant to celebrate a friend's birthday, would just be 3 of us. Turns out it's booked out on the day. Can anybody recommend any restaurant in Dublin that, I don't know, that isn't just about the food. Somehow, in my searches 'restaurant on a barge' seems to be the only one. Well, I'd be interested in any recommendations for something just a little bit different

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There's the Mongolian BBQ I guess.

And there's the Chameleon, it's an Indonesian which has an Opium room... eh... without the opium.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

How about a restaurant on a boat?

http://www.mvcillairne.com/

It's down on the liffey just past Spencer Dock, bout halfway between the IFSC footbridge and the East Link. Was there a few weeks ago and liked it. If it's sunny, i recommend the upstairs bar on the deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Thanks for the suggestions. We've actually all been to birthdays in Chai Yo and Chameleon (really enjoyed both of them too). The boat looks good though, I'll suggest that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Can't recommend El Bahia enough. I've yet to introduce someone to it who hasn't absoloutely loved it!

K.

• Advertisement
Advertisement