Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help:im trying to open ports and dont know the first thing about this

Options
  • 12-06-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

i got my son a game grid:racedriver on ps3 and it wont go online unless i can open inbound and outbound ports tcp/udp 3074, its very frustrating first off to have to do this its even more infuriating when your a computer spaz like me.ive got great help off this site before so im trying again.ive tried to dmz my ps3 but when i go to put my ip in my browser it times out on me.please could you advise me on this. please bear in mind im a complete idiot when it comes to this type of thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ill move this to the correct forum for you. Heck, ill even leave a redirect for you !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have a look at this site. It provides instruction for port forwarding for many different routers. It helps that you know what ports to use. Probably best not to put it in a DMZ as this lets all the dogs on the street into your house!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Model and make of the router and method of connection (eg WiFi or Wired etc)

Advertisement