Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi im looking for some information

Options
  • 12-06-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey im looking for help on information of trains used by Irish Rail over the years. Im looking for this information because im trying to get help to create a Irish rail "set" for one of my favourite computer games Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

The game has a lot of modders and there is allready a lot of rail sets out there. The Uk, USA, Canada, Spain, Japan, Australia, Czech Republic, Serbia and Russia all have thier own mod's and i was hopping to one day play with IE trains.

Ive compilled a list of trains that i could find info on, but i dont know where to find any of our older trains, mainly steam trains. What we're the main models used, what did they look like and what were thier statistics?

The trains i allready have on my list are the following:

113 Class
    001 Class
    Metro Vickers 201 Class
    101 Class
    GM EMD : 121 - The backwards train
    GM EMD 141 - The IE's Workhorse too this day
    GM EMD 181
    201(ii) - The Enterprise's Loco
    611 Shunting Loco - Just for the novelty

The Mk 4 DMU

Dart's
    EMU 8100
    EMU 8200
    EMU 8500

DMU's
    Tokyu 2600 - what i like to call the rust bucket
    CAF 2800 - Rosslare Train
    CAF 29000 - Drogheda Commuter Train
    Rotem-Tokyu 22000

Is there any other trains i may be missing other than steam trains?

The game is predomenantly played from the 1950's on into the future, but it would be nice to know what steam trains were still in use in the 50's and even the 60's?

Thanks for your time and if you have any information please write back, or contact me via private message.

Advertisement