Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good but also bit posh restaurant in central Galway...

Options
  • 12-06-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

As in, I love Homeplate - can't beat the homefries! And personally enjoyed Kirby's and Eastern Tandoori much more than KC Blake's. But I have to book the board meeting dinner for next week... boss suggested Kirwan's but I'm reading absolutely slating (and recent) reviews. He wants somewhere where they can be a bit private, eg. with booths or something.
    Any suggestions???
    Money not toooooooooo much of an object clearly, but at the prices Kirwan's shows online, I'd want to know they're having a darn good night!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I would second both the malt house and vina mara..but also maybe gemelles..dunno how many ppl you are looking for cater for and not sure gemelles is that big...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Oscar's, on Dominic St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

......get in the kitchen and mak them some fukin eggs woman.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

park house has booths & is trying to be posh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Oscars or Malte House are both excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

I'd say Martines on Quay street. Very good food, great atmosphere and staff, posh but not exorbitant. No booths, but if you have enough people, you may be able to get the whole back room to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

biko wrote: »

these are the ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Kebab House?

Failing that, +1 on Oscars

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Oscars, it's fabulous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

yeah would second Park house...used to work there& its a pretty professional setup....also the pullman restraunt in Glenlo abbey would be somethin different!! and it is quite classy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Vina Mara.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Oscars FTW!

although i never actually ate there, had a few mates that highly recommended it. Think it's closed one of the weekdays so ya might wanna check that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

For a board meeting dinner i wouldn't go to Oscars to be honest.Food is good but the location is pretty crap.
    Biko's suggestions are perfect.

Advertisement