Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Bob Marley Album would you buy?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Which of Bob Marley's albums would you buy if you could only have one?

(Greatest Hits and other collections not allowed!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

After much deliberation I'd say Exodus with Rastaman Vibration a very close second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

lanod2407 wrote: »

(Greatest Hits and other collections not allowed!).
    Legend is not just a greatest hits It is the greatest Hits :pac:

Apart from legend

Exodus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Agreed. Exodus is a masterpiece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I'd have to say Exodus aswell. I know you say no GH or collections but if you reconsider you should definately pick up Babylon By Bus, it's a live album which features the definatively best versions of Stir It Up and Exodus, plus a load of others. I always thought Marley was one of the few artists that did far better versions live than in studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Why not try something from King Tubby instead?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Do albums by the Wailers count?

If so, Burnin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

slipss wrote: »
    I'd have to say Exodus aswell. I know you say no GH or collections but if you reconsider you should definately pick up Babylon By Bus, it's a live album which features the definatively best versions of Stir It Up and Exodus, plus a load of others. I always thought Marley was one of the few artists that did far better versions live than in studio.

Babylon by bus is class but its from different gigs, the best official release live album has to be live at the roxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Also Talkin' Blues if purely for Kinky Reggae/Get up, Stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Exodus, of course:

Theres a natural mystic blowing through the air;
    If you listen carefully now you will hear.
    This could be the first trumpet, might as well be the last:
    Many more will have to suffer,
    Many more will have to die - dont ask me why.

Brilliant songs, brilliant artist, saw him in Dalymount a few months before he died (way too young).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

African Herbsman or Catch a Fire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Gotta be Exodus! A classic, also try Uprising cos its got Redemption Song on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

'Catch a fire' is seen as the breakthrough and 'Exodus' is seen as the classic Marley (or Marley & Wailers albums). I quite like 'Trench town rock' as well- its not loved by Marley fans 'cos the production isn't great, but I think its cool.

Theres a band called 'Steel Pulse', they have an album called 'True Democracy', well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Has to be Uprising for me mainly for Redemption Song. If you only have one Bob Marley song it has to be that so....... Uprising is a great album anyway Coming in from the cold, Zion Train etc.

Mind you it was the first Bob Marley album I baught when I was a teenager back in the 80s and I played it to death at the time so its left an impression.

Advertisement