Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What cable do I need?

• 12-06-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭

I have Sharp Aquos 42xd1ea 42-inch 1080p LCD HDTV and I want to get the most out of it.What cable do I need to hook up the HD as I cant set it up properly?There is no colours inputs for the cables that are there just red yellow white.I have a xbox premium

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does your 360 have a hdmi port?

SP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I dont think so , it has the ethernet cable then the usb then the cale beside that connects to the tv. What does it look like.Does this mean I will have to upgrade?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How old is the 360? It wouldn't have hdmi if its more than 5 or 6 months old.

In which case component would be your best choice. I did a quick google and your tv specs do list component as a video input. Looks like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Component_video_jack.jpg

It def does not have a hdmi on the x box nearly 2 years old.I see the pic but mine does not have those inputs.It has red white then above that red white yellow then scarts.Scart 1 has RGB in brackets.There maybe?What do you suggest?

The red, white, yellow is composite which is pretty crap. No component means you're stuck with SCART I'm afraid. I believe MS sell a RGB SCART cable which would be an improvement on composite but it's still standard-def. For hi-def and to really take advantage of your tv you'll probably have to upgrade to a hdmi 360.

SP

• Advertisement

Well thanks for the help.I did a seach aswell it say it has component
    This is the TV I have http://www.twenga.co.uk/specs-LC-42XD1EA-SHARP-LCD-TV-160882

I see on the back it says (pc/compontent) I have a cable that looks like a monitor connection with the correct colors on that but when I connect nothing happens.Thanks for your help if someone has this tv and set it up correctly without hdmi please let me know.

I guess HDMI is the best quailty you can get for the it,An update to the elite prob the best idea?

Well I got it half sorted now I have picture, I changed the settings for the port to compotent then connected it up.I have no sound no tho .I connect the red and white to it but still no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

There is probably a little mini-jack near the VGA connector on your TV, you will have to use this for sound with that connection. you can get an adaptor to take phono (red/white) and give out minijack (like headphone connection)

yea just by chance I bought a cable to connect the laptop to it and it had the phone jack and it works a charm cheers lads

Well thanks for the help.I did a seach aswell it say it has component
    This is the TV I have http://www.twenga.co.uk/specs-LC-42XD1EA-SHARP-LCD-TV-160882
    I missed that it had a VGA port which you could have used if component failed. Sounds like you figured it out though.

SP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you're happy with the way you have it set up now then stick with it, but the correct cable for the best component input is one like this: http://cgi.ebay.ie/XBOX360-COMPONENT-CABLE-NEW_W0QQitemZ220244648736QQihZ012QQcategoryZ112846QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i can't tell you for sure if it's better than what you already have, but it's the official proper way to do HD on a 360.

it's up to you, but there's heaps of them on ebay and they're cheap enough that you might just want to give it a try.

just do an ebay search for "360 component" and that'll give you plenty of options, or if you don't mind paying a bit more then your local game or gamestop (or probably xta-vision) will have them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

You are mostly there

As you have probably figured out, your TV will come with a VGA to component (r/g/b) adapter. Connect the red green and blue connecter from the xbox component cable to the adapter and the adapter to the VGA port on the TV (EXT4 I think). The red and white sound cable will connect directly to the tv or at least thats the way I have it. You should not need the headphone jack cable. I'll check tonight

Then go to the tv menu and select the input type for EXT4 as component not VGA.

Sorted

Advertisement