Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevie 'Wonderful' Wonder

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Have a look for Funkified Rainbow online. It's a gig from the early 1970's, well worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Will he be playing Wild Wild West?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 askmysack

Have a look for Funkified Rainbow online. It's a gig from the early 1970's, well worth checking out.

Looks like a serious setlist. Was it ever released or ir is it available anywhere to download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

askmysack wrote: »
    Looks like a serious setlist. Was it ever released or ir is it available anywhere to download?

There was a recording made from the soundboard with the intention of releasing it as a live album, but it was never actually released.

Google it, it's not easy to find, but I think it's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 askmysack

There was a recording made from the soundboard with the intention of releasing it as a live album, but it was never actually released.

Google it, it's not easy to find, but I think it's worth it.

Defo, Nice one boss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Will he be playing Wild Wild West?

That's 'I Wish' innit?

funny thing that - pick up 'Songs in the key of life' and nearly every tune on it is either really well known in its own right, or has formed the basis for some class of 'rework' in later years.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

That's 'I Wish' innit?

funny thing that - pick up 'Songs in the key of life' and nearly every tune on it is either really well known in its own right, or has formed the basis for some class of 'rework' in later years.

Unfortunately, that was the last great album he made. 'Hotter than July' was good , but every album he has released since were not. The last one he released was absolute dirge.

I've seen him twice, once at the Wembley Arena just before 'HTJ' came out and a few years later at the RDS and he was excellent both times.

If he came here, I would go like a shot. However, if I had the money to go abroad to see him, I'd spend it instead to see Springsteen.

'Innervisions' is the greatest album ever made IMHO. 'Talking Book', 'Music of My Mind' and 'Fulfillingness' are superb too as is 'Songs'.

If he played loads of stuff from these albums, plus masterblaster, it would be a great show. However, I reckon the show would be made up of a load of songs from 'A time to love' plus 'I just called...' and 'Part Time Lover' with only a few songs from the 70s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

Unfortunately, that was the last great album he made. 'Hotter than July' was good , but every album he has released since were not. The last one he released was absolute dirge.

I would strongly disagree. "A Time To Love" was, for me, the best album of 2005, it was hugely underrated. If I have to go to one of these UK gigs on my own I will :) The man is my musical hero.

Respect Stevie! :)

Advertisement