Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you get ATTEPMT MARKS for BIOLOGY?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

hi all,
    I got 2hrs sleep last night as i was intensively studying biology!

THANKFULLY
    i thought it was a NICE PAPER!
    but, i've already noticed about 5 silly mistakes like:

*drew as l.s. of a root, intsead of ts
    *forgot to cross SEXUAL characteristics

but will i get attempt marks,
    OR
    will it just be marked zero?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

laura* wrote: »
    hi all,
    I got 2hrs sleep last night as i was intensively studying biology!

THANKFULLY
    i thought it was a NICE PAPER!
    but, i've already noticed about 5 silly mistakes like:

*drew as l.s. of a root, intsead of ts

but will i get attempt marks,
    OR
    will it just be marked zero?

:confused:

Ah crap. Is the T.S a sideways look at it? I was debating it in the exam but went ahead anyway with a "birds eye" view...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

dont know i didnt even look at that question, may be if some of the labels were relavent?

what in the world possesed u to do that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

mars bar wrote: »
    Ah crap. Is the T.S a sideways look at it? I was debating it in the exam but went ahead anyway with a "birds eye" view...

YOU'RE CORRECT
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

salman85 wrote: »
    dont know i didnt even look at that question, may be if some of the labels were relavent?

am,
    i can't remember it all tbh
    something i liked in it

and it was AN EXTRA QUESTION :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

salman85 wrote: »

Because it is an incredibly easy topic if you learn it and read the quests properly...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

i took the easy way out, grinded unit 1 and 2 and went over nephron beforehand, and any old joe even with ADD who has done the experiments can answer the experiments

LOL

came out with a B1 i'd say atleast, alot of people, including the teacher are retarded in my school he said "UNIT THREE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT IN THE BOOK BECAUSE YOU GET 3 LONG QUESTIONS ON IT" he said it the last day and i went out the door laughing cuz alot of people believed him and oh well, its not enough to achieve success, others must fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

well they have to give you attempt marks like, saying your drawing out photosynthesis and out of the whole thing you mix up one thing, there hardly going to give you 0 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

Yeah you'll absolutely get attempt marks.

Well last year I thought I'd messed something up and they gave me some!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

For the cross question, there is 18 marks available, i think. For every area/technique of the cross you get three marks.

So if you made one mistake but did everything else correctly and showing you have a knowledge of the topic, youl get most of the marks.

The diagram... You might lose a few marks, because you havnt answered the question. But again, if youv shown you have information about the topic, you get marks.

TS [transverse] is birds eye view
    LS [lateral] is sideways

I did that question, i just didnt do that part tho. I think it was photosynthesis and Nucelotides in that question with it? I did those :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

DAMIT! i did the LS view obviously then...
    ahh well, i only glanced at that section this morning so i guess i wasnt expecting to get it totaly right...shizzle tho!

• Advertisement
Advertisement