Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging Foreign Cheque?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Hello, I just received a cheque from Australia and I want to lodge it into my BOI account tomorrow. Someone said to me that you have to lodge it in your home branch (Castlebar) if its not in Euros? is that true? I am currently in Dublin.

Thanks
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Go into any local BOI branch - they will put in in the internal post to your branch where your account is located. They will give you credit at the rate ruling on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Hello, I just received a cheque from Australia and I want to lodge it into my BOI account tomorrow. Someone said to me that you have to lodge it in your home branch (Castlebar) if its not in Euros? is that true? I am currently in Dublin.

Thanks
    S.

True. It will be sent to your branch through the internal post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thanks a million, do you think they will credit me the cash untill it clears?

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Thanks a million, do you think they will credit me the cash untill it clears?

S

Depends if your account is cleared for funds. If it is, then you're fine.

Advertisement