Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

musculoskeletal question?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

for the disorder of it for some reason i said neither arthritis or osteoporosis i said scoliosis.I managed to name the treatement etc but will i not be awarded marks because its not a disorder on the course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

I'd say they'd accept it if it's definitely medically classified as a musculoskeletal disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

btw there's no need to start a new thread for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

Sorry for very stupid question but what subject is this? Biology? Home Ec?
    I did the L. Cert years ago and I don't think there was anything about particular health problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭littlneutralone

Biology, there's a few kind of 'case studies' of deficiencies and disorders and what not.

Incidentally, would 'exercises' be accepted as an arthritis treatment...muskuloskeleto and viruses were the only sections I left out and naturally they came up together so I had to guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Riotguy wrote: »
    I'd say they'd accept it if it's definitely medically classified as a musculoskeletal disorder.

Yes it is medically defined as a musculoskeletal disorder.

What as the question, list one and it's cause and treatment or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

Biology, there's a few kind of 'case studies' of deficiencies and disorders and what not.

Cheers

P.S. Sorry to hear about your Othello essay (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Incidentally, would 'exercises' be accepted as an arthritis treatment...muskuloskeleto and viruses were the only sections I left out and naturally they came up together so I had to guess.

I would think that exercise would be more of a prevention than a treatment. I said the replacement of joints etc...
    You should get some marks though

Advertisement