Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joomla! Help!

Options
  • 12-06-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here got some experience working with Joomla? I'm having endless trouble trying to get it setup on the host.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

What problems are you running into? Trouble configuring it or actually installing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

IN the installation. Tried the setup 3 or 4 times and it worked for a while the first time but since that all I get is the error below.....
    Warning: main(D:\hshome\pjflynn\blahblah.com\includes\defines.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\pjflynn\blahblah.com\index.php on line 21

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\hshome\pjflynn\blahblah.com\includes\defines.php' (include_path='.\;C:\HSphere.NET\3rdparty\PHP\4.4.7\PEAR') in D:\hshome\pjflynn\blahblah.com\index.php on line 21

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Does D:\hshome\pjflynn\blahblah.com\includes\defines.php exist?
    Where did you get the source for Joomla? If from a tarball, is the file in the tarball? (I expect that it is as it does not appear to contain site specific info)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

I've just been playing around with my host package and it installs joomla direct as an easy app!!! How handy is that! I'll update you on how it goes for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

pablo21 wrote: »
    I've just been playing around with my host package and it installs joomla direct as an easy app!!! How handy is that! I'll update you on how it goes for me.....

Depends if you have full access to the files, and full acces to (mysql) phpadmin. But for the majority of people its very handy:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭monkey24

I installed Joomla on SiteGround, it's pretty straight forward, just thought I would throw it out there ...
    Namesco wrote: »
    Depends if you have full access to the files, and full acces to (mysql) phpadmin. But for the majority of people its very handy:)

Advertisement