Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL English in a year ??

Options
  • 12-06-2008 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I’m considering of repeating by LC next year. I’m hoping for a least a B2 in ordinary level English. I was considering of picking higher level English next year and aiming for a C3 with extra class’s and grinds etc could it be done with hard work or not ??? In just a year thx :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Brooke01 wrote: »
    I’m considering of repeating by LC next year. I’m hoping for a least a B2 in ordinary level English. I was considering of picking higher level English next year and aiming for a C3 with extra class’s and grinds etc could it be done with hard work or not ??? In just a year thx :)

I think its the same course next year

People had to do it in a year this year becuase of the course chenge this year i hink (i could be wrong)

But my friend did it in a year so i think you'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

othello's not coming up next year

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

even with new texts i found it easy to repeat myself. some of the same poets always end up on the paper anyway

I did it in a year.. cuz I repeated and it was a completely different course..

It is totally achievable.. But I suppose it depends on your intellectual ability..

And there is a big difference between honours and pass.. just think hard before you do this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

I repeated it also this year and as the above poster said it is totally possible :)

I got a B1 in honours in 2007, A1 hopefully this year. Go for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

I did it in a year.. cuz I repeated and it was a completely different course..

It is totally achievable.. But I suppose it depends on your intellectual ability..

And there is a big difference between honours and pass.. just think hard before you do this..

what is the best way to achive your goals in higher level english ?? private grinds or just normal school class's are the best , thanks for the help guys:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 haywire

ye you cud well do it in a year........poets can be brought down to two maybe three othello adrieene rich and your texts u wudn even need grinds....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

othello's not coming up next year

duh.

of course you can, it's not like it's that hard a thing to do but u'll need extra help with it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 prawn

Yes you can do it!! Well I have anyway, I was never great at English but Ive put some work in and am hopeing to get a B. I was abroad last year so Im sitting the whole leaving Cert in one academic year, so even if a lot of the same poetry/ shakespeare/ texts isnt on the course or your teacher has decided to do different ones you should still manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

It's a long time since I did the Leaving. But the one advantage about picking English is that, if you know now, you can make a start of the summer.

It's very hard to get yourself to study most subjects over the summer - most even very committed students I knew in school or college didn't do it - but you could be able to get yourself to do some of the things associated with English e.g. read the novel(s) etc over the summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement