Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tick = spoiled vote ?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Just voted in Lisbon referendum. Now - I put a tick in the box instead of a cross. Is my vote still valid?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

What did the instructions say?

If it just said "Indicate your preference by marking the box" you'll be fine.

NTM

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm pretty sure it said to put an X in the box, but I believe if the intention is clear, the vote will count.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Yeah it said please put an X in the box of your choice but once you have only ticked 1box and it wasn't a spoilt vote then it would still count

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You're fine. Worked on several election counts and the rule of thumb was that if the voter's preference was apparent, then any kind of mark would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ponder2

Great. Thanks for that information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As above. Some people actually put an X in one box and a tick in the other. The tick was interpreted as the vote.

Advertisement