Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your leaving cert nightmares...

Options
  • 12-06-2008 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Everyone has them. What were yours?

Had one where I got my geography paper - delighted with the questions as I was able to answer them all. Spent an hour on the first question and was about to rush through the others when the paper went missing and no one could find it and they weren't allowed to give me a second one :pac: It was horrible lol.

Had one the other night about the results. Was delighted again cos I thought I got 560 (about 100 points more than I've ever gotten!) but when I looked again I realised I got an F in geography and a G(?!?!?) in Irish. Haha! Disaster!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Rosstafarian

LilLorna wrote: »
    Everyone has them. What were yours?

Had one where I got my geography paper - delighted with the questions as I was able to answer them all. Spent an hour on the first question and was about to rush through the others when the paper went missing and no one could find it and they weren't allowed to give me a second one :pac: It was horrible lol.

Had one the other night about the results. Was delighted again cos I thought I got 560 (about 100 points more than I've ever gotten!) but when I looked again I realised I got an F in geography and a G(?!?!?) in Irish. Haha! Disaster!

Yeah I had one about history except I was awake and it was my actual history exam.... a living nightmare.... but hey it's over now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 diagirl

ah yes... two days before the english i dreamt i did paper 1 - like i dreamed writing the paper, essay, everything - got out of it and remembered i'd completely left out the question B... woke up in a state...

my parents and loads of other adults i know claim they still have nightmares about the leaving cert when their going through stressful times... so we've got that to look forward to? lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

No but the night before paper 2 english I was absolutely freaking cos I only had mahon, Boland and Frost done so at one stage I woke up and starting mumbling some quote like "The theme of Irish identity and history is very frequent throughout the works of Eavan Boland!!!"

Wierd....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

my nightmare wasn't exactly about the leaving cert but it's about getting into college. I got a letter back after doing my interview for music and it said "You can't possibly be serious about this course, because you smiled during the interview. you clearly aren't taking this degree seriously." and i didn't get in! It was actually a really scary nightmare! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

The night before the maths paper I had a dream that I was in the assembly hall waiting to get the paper.
    Suddenly a fire started in the hall and all of the students left.

We were all handed our papers with 40 minutes to go and about 50 people were fitted into one classroom and told to complete the Maths Paper.
    We were all squashed and fighting for paper and pens. People were panicing crying ripping at exam papers tearing them up.

5 minutes to go, not one question done... and I woke up in some state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I had one on the Wednesday night before Chem and English paper 2.
    For some reason English finished at 1 so my family and I went to the Kilbeggan races for an hour or two, then I came home to study for Chemistry, which didn't start until five (?). Anyway I fell asleep studying and missed my Chemistry exam and I told my mother I'd have to repeat, to which she replied "You'd have to do that anyway" :mad:

and then I woke up

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Ugh I've been havin loads of those dreams lately! Had a dream last night that I had the envelope in my hands with the results and I opened it but there was no sheet in it :eek:I was cryin and they told me I'd have to wait till next August!
    Then I keep having dreams where my results are all weird like 'part 7 of question 6 was terrible' and this 'grade is not good enough for college' and I keep having dreams of getting only 15 points! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I Had One Where I Set My Alarm To Get Up Early To Study But It Never Went Off And I Missed An Exam..

Became Reality This Morning Kinda..

Missed Out On Three Needed Hours Of Study..

But Got There At 9.25..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MrsSDelonge

oh jaysus! This leaving cert has corrupted my dreams! I had the wierrrrrrrdsest dreams these last few weeks,,,I think it could be to do with stress or something?

My friends dad died and we were travelling the world with him in a coffin:confused::confused: sooooooo wierd....there were other wierd dreams too...aaaaah it's all over soon though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I just keep waking up in the morning thinking of English quotes and Irish phrases, even though i dont need them anymore :p

Id get up in the morning and 'Beware my lord of jealousy. Tis the green eyes monster..... blah blah blah'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

MattD wrote: »
    I just keep waking up in the morning thinking of English quotes and Irish phrases, even though i dont need them anymore :p

Id get up in the morning and 'Beware my lord of jealousy. Tis the green eyes monster..... blah blah blah'

Lol.

All My Quotes Are Long Gone Except For Some Random Rich Ones I Didn't Even Know I Knew Until The Exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I had a dream where this wan from america's next top model was trying to tell the answers for my english exam and i was like G'WAY!
    troo story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I had a dream that mad Christian fundamentalists came in and shot everyone in my class during the Art History exam.

Thankfully it wasn't prophetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

diagirl wrote: »
    my parents and loads of other adults i know claim they still have nightmares about the leaving cert when their going through stressful times... so we've got that to look forward to? lovely!

Oh yes I did my Leaving Cert in 2001 and I still have nightmares about Irish! And quite regularly too! It's the same dream each time too - that I am living my life now but then I realise I have to resit my Irish paper and I can't understand why I have to resit it and then I realise I'm in the exam, I can't remember any Irish and I'm doooooomed! Also in one dream I had to resit maths as well and I couldn't understand why since I am an actuary now (mathsy career) so why would I have to resit my LC maths exam?!

Ahhh ye have all that to look forward to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

I had a dream where the document in history was ten pages long and I was like " I;ll never get this read!" And it was the space race. And I had one where Ben from Lost was our supervisor. Creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Katerrrs

This is really weird, but i had a horrible nightmare the night before maths paper 1 where i dreamt that i got diarrhoea during the exam, and the paper was piss easy but i couldn't get half of it done cause i had to run out to the toilet so much...was in bits when i woke up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

luvlad wrote: »
    i had one where the exaimener wudnt stop havn a **** on me!!!it wasnt a nightmare,more of a dream!

Ok,thats kinda weird.

The only one I had was having a dream where I got find out by my teachers that I've never worked in school despite them all thinking that I have,when I did bad in all my exams.But in reality,that didnt thankfully happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

my friend had a dream charles stewart parnell came up on english paper 2, and she was like "****, how did i forgot parnell was a poet and his blue period from 1882 to 1885?!"

i had one the other night where the documents section of the history paper wasn't on vietnam. it wasn't on montgomery. it wasn't even on the space race. it was just some further calculus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

I had mine a few months back...dreamt the leaving cert started and wsnt ready at all and hadnt studied:eek: woke up and was like..."aahhh...":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

lets b honest none of u's had dreams nd u just made dem up,hows my aim? thought so

Why would you say something when you already know you are wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Katerrrs wrote: »
    This is really weird, but i had a horrible nightmare the night before maths paper 1 where i dreamt that i got diarrhoea during the exam, and the paper was piss easy but i couldn't get half of it done cause i had to run out to the toilet so much...was in bits when i woke up!

I love that I know you!

I had one a few weeks ago. I was about to do History, and was hideously unprepared, then for some reason was doing the exam outside a petrol station on my own, a good mile or two from my school. Like, the exam rested on my knees, trying to write. The exam asked only about the things I had neglected to study. Two skanger girls came up and I started chatting them up and they offered to perform a few "favours" shall we say. I reluctantly declined, telling them I was trying to do my Leaving Cert. So then they went off and I decided to call someone to bring me back up to the school, to finish the exam there and not have to rush back to hand it up in time. So I started walking to meet my mate, but a few minutes later, I was miles away, with no way of contacting anyone. So I started walking back to look for those two girls, since the exam seemed to be completely over.
    Then (this is the weird bit) I woke up, but was still dreaming. So I "woke up" and thought, "Jesus, thank God there's still a week to go until the exams, I know nothing for History".
    Then I woke up for real and thought "Jesus, thank God there's still three weeks to go until the exams".

That relief was so damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I only had one, on the Tuesday before the first day - Went into the exam hall calm and fairly confident about English Paper I, sat down, got out my pen, and was promptly handed the English paper, on which every question was Biology - a subject I have never even done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

I had one but I don't remember it, I never do remember dreams. All I know is I woke up and nearly had a heart attack, I think I thought I had slept through a few:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

none of u c u n t s HAD DREAMS!!!!!!UR JUST MAKING UP CRAP

You cant make up crap. It makes itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

I had a dream and the Supervisors were 3 babes and we couldn't do the exam properly due to erections lifting our tables up in the air!a wet dream it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

I failed Irish last night - couldn't do a thing since with worry:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

ha weird, i had a dream yesterday. It was just after my french exam and i fell asleep on my couch for six hours cos i was wrecked! I had a dream that I accidently took the pass french paper and the honours irish one. I was so confused when i woke up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

BTW My most depressing dream was waking up the morning of English 1 - thinking it was all over!

Now that's sickening - lucky thing is - It's almost over!

TG1 tomorrow, then PHY/TG2 Monday - then MGS4!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

fivetwenty wrote: »
    then MGS4!!!!

??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

BaRcOe wrote: »
    ??
    Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3 game) ...god!

Advertisement