Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

Good price - but it is a trade price ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

Thinking of getting a new passat.

What do you guys make of this model:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/1.9-TDI/1079613/

Thanks,
    M

well then this is not new

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

great car. I have one.

Its a 01 130Bhp 1.9Tdi

Very comfortable, great mileage and its quick too

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Might as well buy one from a private seller. "Trade Price" means sold as seen without warranty.

Something like this:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/Tdi-red/874839/

I know including the VRT it is a bit more expensive but it looks alot tidier than the one your looking at, lower mileage and a year younger.

BTW the new Passat came out in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

I sold a 00' passat recently, I'm of two worlds as to if I should buy something sportier or just go with another passat. Only 19, but I have to say the last was an exceptional car.

The above looks okay, but with the TDI's it might be worth going for the 130bhp model so it's not a bit dead, that's what I'd be going for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

et the 130 model and chip up for a bit more poke....

they are a cheap ( for that kinda spec ) and relyable car which can take some modding abuse...

just be careful... if the car was good the dealer would nct it and flog it on for much much more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Thinking of getting a new passat.

What do you guys make of this model:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/1.9-TDI/1079613/

Thanks,
    M

Spoke to that dealer over a week ago and was told it was in need of some attention, he seemed a bit flakey on the phone.
    It's priced at €7,500 for a reason ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Spoke to that dealer over a week ago and was told it was in need of some attention, he seemed a bit flakey on the phone.
    It's priced at €7,500 for a reason ;)

Indeed, if it was a quick, cheap fixer up it would not be going so cheap or sold as a trade sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Any car 'sold as seen' would worry me tbh.

These can suffer from worn tappets and blown turbos at 100k so check for this, however if they are fine then the engine will probably always be fine. FVWSH is good as it means that its likely to have always had the right oil, which is the most important thing for the 1.9tdi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Thanks for the help guys.

I've decided to get a 2001/2002 130 BHP comfortline passat, because I want something with a bit of power as once a week I'll be doing a 260 mile trip across the country.

Can anyone recommend a good guide price for that spec. I've ben through carzone and I see them advertised for anywhere etween 8000 and 10000.

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

I might be able to help you out with that on King.

I can give you a very good price on a 02 130bhp with full spec but I'm waiting on the news tomorrow.

There is an issue with it that will be reflected in the price and the outcome tomorrow.

Advertisement