Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera 9.50 menue problem

Options
  • 12-06-2008 7:42pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, but i've just downloaded opera 9.50 and the menus at the top come up as tiny little boxes, which makes it pretty hard to navigate. Anyone else having this problem?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

That's a pretty massive bug they never got around to fixing from the 9.5 betas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Feckers. well...maybe i'll come to enjoy my tiny menus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

bifocals ???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

other than this, opera 9.5 rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah same problem here, and I also agree with Epic Tissue... once you download the old skin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Yeah, tis a bit of a pain.

But I find boards far faster on Opera than Firefox?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

In general i find opera faster for most sites.Also, Mouse gestures ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

anyone have a link to the old skin, The last time I tried opera I wasn't a big fan but I quite like the new version and as FF3 is a bit disappointing I would probably move to opera if I could jsut see the damn menus here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Firefox 3 is way better than 2, less memory and faster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Namesco wrote: »
    Firefox 3 is way better than 2, less memory and faster

Downloaded FF3 this morn and it's already become non responsive once. Not a problem with Opera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm also having this problem. I have installed the classic skin from here but it hasn't fixed the menus :(.
    It's funny, I didn't realise how much I used those vertical menus until I had to navigate them in the state they are in now :).

Ok, updated the menu system with a workaround for Opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

CuLT wrote: »

Thanks!

Thanks for that! It's working fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

CuLT wrote: »
    thanks! is there anyway of fixing the "subbed" menu? all the others are working fine, but the subbed one is still broken

thanks! is there anyway of fixing the "subbed" menu? all the others are working fine, but the subbed one is still broken
    it seems that it's whatever one you hover over first still has the bug, the rest after don't.

Will have a look at it again next week.

Yeah just copped that after I posted :) Thanks for looking at it

Hi Cult, is it possible to fix that bug (the first menu you hover over)? I've submitted a bug report to Opera, but by the looks of things, they have much bigger bugs to worry about.

Cheers

I think this problem is back with 9.51 as all the menus seems to be small again

jsb wrote: »
    I think this problem is back with 9.51 as all the menus seems to be small again
    Yep, it's the same for me.:mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looks fine now - thanks, CuLT!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Jaysus cult, they're working you to the bone!

you actually got it working fully now, not even the first menu being small.

Job well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

this issue have been driving me nuts, it seems to be fixed and unfixed with successive builds of opera, One work around that seems to work for me usually, is to press F4 to hide the side bar and then ctrl + F11 to fit to width.

Works 90% of the time for me.

No if opera would just fix that crazy issue with dissapearing favicons on the personal bar / grumbles and shakes fist :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah they seem OK now (9.51), but I've noticed they've started appearing behind the Flash ads again - not sure if that issue ever went away actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah they seem OK now (9.51), but I've noticed they've started appearing behind the Flash ads again - not sure if that issue ever went away actually...

this was something that annoyed me too, so i just blocked them, in opera
    if you right click a webpage and click block content it will allow you to block the offending banners,

One step beyond that is to manually edit the urlfilter file, if you google you can find up to date lists of add urls to block

This the one i use , it will block out a huge amount junk from web sites
    http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/opera/urlfilter.ini

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭wreade1872

Hey guys i've got this version of opera, has anyone had a problem with tables looking darker? Its a bit weird but any page i open which uses tables the edges are darker than they used to be before i upgrade to 9.5 and their not dark on other browser. Its rather annoying to look at :( .
    I assume there is a default border color thingy thats been changed but damned if i can find it. Anyone any suggestions?

wreade1872 wrote: »
    Hey guys i've got this version of opera, has anyone had a problem with tables looking darker? Its a bit weird but any page i open which uses tables the edges are darker than they used to be before i upgrade to 9.5 and their not dark on other browser. Its rather annoying to look at :( .
    I assume there is a default border color thingy thats been changed but damned if i can find it. Anyone any suggestions?
    Have you upgraded to 9.51 to see if that helps? Also can you post links to examples of what you are talking about as I haven't noticed any differences like you are describing.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭wreade1872

Yeah 9.51 is what i meant thats the one i have, heres what i mean, first pic is opera, second is other broswers and how it used to look in opera before upgrading to 9.51.
    image1hu8.jpg image2bc5.jpg
    Default changed somewhere? :confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I see what you mean from the images you have posted but what I really wanted was a link I could look at myself :). I have done a bit of investigating and found this link which shows some table-based layouts. Check out the "Take a look beneath the surface" section. It appears identically for me on Opera 9.51, Firefox 3 and IE7.

Is it possible you changed your Opera settings somehow?

Advertisement